sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

March 20, 2022 7:46 pm  #1

"Timeless TV" On YouTube Offers Free - & Very Obscure - Old Shows

Found this recently on YouTube. There are a lot of vintage TV series hanging around the Internet, but I've rarely found one site that offers so many. As someone who was raised on television from a very early age, I thought I'd heard of just about every old series you could imagine.

Until I came across this subsite. 

SOS Coast Guard? Dateline Europe? Decoy? Captain David Grief? TV Reader's Digest? The Veil? Never heard of them, but there are sometimes dozens and dozens of episodes on there. There's even one called "I Spy" but it's not the 60s shows that aired on NBC. Instead, it's a black and white program from the 50s. 

There are also shows I do well remember but haven't seen in decades, including Roy Rogers, Flash Gordon, Suspense, Fury, The Last of the Mohicans, One Step Beyond, The Cisco Kid, Dragnet, Space Patrol and even the original Howdy Doody. 

But my two favourite finds are "Tales of Tomorrow," a very early and rarely seen sci-fi series that was Twilight Zone-esque long before anyone had ever heard of Rod Serling, and a few long lost (I guess they weren't that lost after all) episodes of the Canadian produced series "Cannonball" about two truck drivers, long before there was an Ottawa occupation!

And I have to admit a fondness for one of the cheapest produced kids shows of all time, Diver Dan, which was filmed through a fishbowl to make it seem it was happening under the sea. 

It took me almost half an hour just to go through the list. If you'd like to see for yourself, it can be found here

March 20, 2022 8:40 pm  #2

Re: "Timeless TV" On YouTube Offers Free - & Very Obscure - Old Shows

Wow!

With this site,  I will never be without some great viewing options.

Last edited by Media Observer (March 20, 2022 10:01 pm)

March 21, 2022 12:23 am  #3

Thanks RA, looking forward to checking out these shows.

I came across a YouTube channel a year ago that carries Bonanza episodes, and episodes of the original The Saint tv show with a terribly suave Roger Moore, and not surprisingly, both dramas stand the test of time. For some idiotic reason I didn't subscribe or save the channel, but pretty sure it's still around.

https://youtu.be/cNCsBMcyTlA
just took a quick gander, found this channel with buckets of Bonanza episodes in order, watching the first episode, the difference in the colour is striking.

Sometimes it's good to get a change from the same old choices on the standard streaming platforms. Yellowstone? Meh.

Last edited by betaylored (March 21, 2022 3:54 am)

March 21, 2022 3:05 pm  #4

betaylored wrote:

Thanks RA, looking forward to checking out these shows.

I came across a YouTube channel a year ago that carries Bonanza episodes, and episodes of the original The Saint tv show with a terribly suave Roger Moore, and not surprisingly, both dramas stand the test of time. For some idiotic reason I didn't subscribe or save the channel, but pretty sure it's still around.

https://youtu.be/cNCsBMcyTlA
just took a quick gander, found this channel with buckets of Bonanza episodes in order, watching the first episode, the difference in the colour is striking.

Sometimes it's good to get a change from the same old choices on the standard streaming platforms. Yellowstone? Meh.

Bonanza also airs on CHCH (11) Monday-Friday at noon.

Last edited by Media Observer (March 21, 2022 9:10 pm)