sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

February 13, 2022 1:05 am  #1

Feb. 13th Is World Radio Day

This is a bigger deal in the rest of the world than North America, where it barely gets noticed. 

World Radio Day 2021: All you need to know about significance, history and theme of day celebrated on 13 Feb

February 13, 2022 4:44 pm  #2

Re: Feb. 13th Is World Radio Day

I was surprised to hear two promos for this - one on Funny 820 and another on 640. I didn't think it was even noticed in North America, outside of some campus stations. 

February 13, 2022 9:28 pm  #3

RadioActive wrote:

I was surprised to hear two promos for this - one on Funny 820 and another on 640. I didn't think it was even noticed in North America, outside of some campus stations. 

A few weeks ago it was National Radio Day, which I guess is the more popular radio "holiday" here in Canada and south of the border, and a good number of radio people, including, I seem to remember, the talented Dani Elwell, celebrated the occasion in the Twitterverse, tho the one and only Erin Davis posted a terrific tweet for World Radio Day today.

February 13, 2022 11:22 pm  #4

Commercial stations run promos for this but usually in unsold commercial time in off hours.

February 14, 2022 9:56 pm  #5

betaylored wrote:

RadioActive wrote:

A few weeks ago it was National Radio Day, which I guess is the more popular radio "holiday" here in Canada and south of the border, and a good number of radio people, including, I seem to remember, the talented Dani Elwell, celebrated the occasion in the Twitterverse, tho the one and only Erin Davis posted a terrific tweet for World Radio Day today.

Thanks for the kind words!