sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

February 2, 2022 6:08 pm  #1

When news anchors don't know what they are talking about

I caught CTV News Channel at 1 pm with Jennifer Burke covering the Erin O'Toole news. She had three guests on ( one was Scott Reid). She kept asking the three guests who the next interim leader would be. All the guests told her the interim leader is irrelevant and would only be there for a few months and talked about people who would run for the permanent leader. But Jennifer kept asking about the next "interim" leader. She seemed not to understand the difference between the two. 

February 2, 2022 6:27 pm  #2

Re: When news anchors don't know what they are talking about

cash wrote:

Jennifer kept asking about the next "interim" leader. She seemed not to understand the difference between the two. 

Do you prefer that this national political party, Canada's official opposition, not choose an interim leader this evening? 

February 2, 2022 9:10 pm  #3

geo wrote:

cash wrote:

Jennifer kept asking about the next "interim" leader. She seemed not to understand the difference between the two. 

Do you prefer that this national political party, Canada's official opposition, not choose an interim leader this evening? 

I am on the edge of my seat waiting for this interim leader to be announced. 

February 2, 2022 10:08 pm  #4

cash wrote:

geo wrote:

cash wrote:

Jennifer: "Candice Bergen? Huh? Murphy Brown.... oh wait, wrong Candice Bergen." 🤦

Last edited by betaylored (February 2, 2022 10:09 pm)

February 3, 2022 12:16 pm  #5

Neither Ms. Burke or Ms. Bergen are people who can easily be considered irrelevant

February 3, 2022 12:50 pm  #6

Former CTV News host Don Martin called yesterday's firing of Conservative leader Erin O'Toole "The Groundhog Day Massacre."  

February 3, 2022 2:35 pm  #7

cash wrote:

geo wrote:

cash wrote:

Wait no longer...

https://winnipeg.ctvnews.ca/manitoba-mp-faces-questions-over-maga-hat-photo-1.5259664