sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 26, 2022 5:28 pm  #1

Possibly Useful Info

after all my kvetching (sp?) thought I would walk the walk if that's the expression I'm looking for...

https://www.canada.ca/en/public-health/services/diseases/2019-novel-coronavirus-infection/mental-health.html?utm_campaign=hc-sc-covid-21-22&utm_medium=vurl&utm_source=canada-ca-covid-mental-health&s=09

this is a link with phone and text numbers, sometimes it can be easier to "talk" to someone by typing.

Julia Samuel has written several terrific books on life, loss and grief and they are available at the Toronto Public Library and easily available through the TPL Overdrive online platform and also on Audible and Google Play. The audiobooks are brilliant and are good for tough moments.

Julia also has a grief app, for iPhone only right now and she is on Instagram and is a wonderful resource with multiple recorded chats about topics like losing a family member, supporting your children during covid and many more.

I've recommended her to friends and coworkers. Her words and wisdom have helped me a lot.

We're all going through what experts call a "living loss", an odd kind of grief and limbo during this pandemic and finding out others are going through what we've been experiencing can be helpful.

Isolation makes everything harder.

I also appreciate the incredible job those who work in radio and television are doing day after day, to provide us with entertainment and information while everything is up in the air. Thanks.