sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 7, 2022 9:57 am  #1

John Moore Runs Into Every Broadcaster's Worst Nightmare

It never happened to me during my brief time on air, but I can see how awful it would be - John Moore wound up with a bad case of the hiccups, not once but twice during his Friday morning show on NT1010. He still had to read the weather, commercial tags and hold the Roundtable, briefly turning Toronto into a "hic" town. Luckily, they did not last long.

It's really quite amazing that you don't hear this more often, considering how easily it can happen. CFRB seems especially to have suffered from issues like this in the past few months. There was a newscast where their morning newscaster suffered a major coughing fit so bad, Moore had to step in. And of course, Jerry Agar was forced off the air entirely when a massive migraine suddenly hit him in the middle of a segment and he could no longer put a coherent sentence together. 

Ironically, it was Ryan Doyle who took his place mid-show - an option no longer available to them since he disappeared without a trace late last year. Still no word on where he or Jamil Jivani went and there's been no explanation from either of them online about their sudden silencing. 

January 7, 2022 3:33 pm  #2

Re: John Moore Runs Into Every Broadcaster's Worst Nightmare

I’m sure Jay Michaels may know about Ryan Doyle but has to keep it quiet.

January 7, 2022 3:53 pm  #3

Of course he has to know. I'm sure there are a lot of legal issues at stake and it would not surprise me in any way if Doyle has not hired a lawyer to sue his former employer. Just another reason no one dares discuss it.

I noticed on Doyle's Twitter page that any references to CFRB or Bell in his description at the top of the page are gone, although many of the previous Tweets put up before he was dismissed do refer to them. Eventually, the truth behind what happened is bound to come out. 

I'm just as curious about the sudden departure of Jamil Jivani, who they were very high on when they first gave him his own nationwide talk show, even though he had very little radio experience. 

January 7, 2022 8:26 pm  #4

Ethical walls abundant for employment lawyers who entertain radio shows.