sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 4, 2022 10:38 am  #1

Pooja & Gurdeep: New CHFI Morning Show Debuted On Tuesday

Tuesday, Jan. 4th, marked the debut of ex-CP24 anchors Pooja Handa and Gurdeep Ahluwalia as the new morning duo on CHFI. Did anyone catch their first show? How did they do?

January 4, 2022 10:58 am  #2

Re: Pooja & Gurdeep: New CHFI Morning Show Debuted On Tuesday

RadioActive wrote:

Pooja Handa and Gurdeep Ahluwalia as the new morning duo on CHFI. Did anyone catch their first show? How did they do?   

After not-so-subtly promoting AM-640 for the past week, do you really expect that anyone tuned in CHFI today?

January 4, 2022 11:04 am  #3

Re: Pooja & Gurdeep: New CHFI Morning Show Debuted On Tuesday

geo wrote:

RadioActive wrote:

Pooja Handa and Gurdeep Ahluwalia as the new morning duo on CHFI. Did anyone catch their first show? How did they do?   

After not-so-subtly promoting AM-640 for the past week, do you really expect that anyone tuned in CHFI today?

Actually, I wouldn't call it promoting 640. I'd say it was more calling Corus to account for 10 days of shoddy and dated reruns on a major Toronto radio station. But if that's how you interpret it, what can I say? You must come from the "As long as they spell your name right" school of thinking.

I'm guessing the few at 640 who frequent these pages would not look at that thread as a positive in any way. What they did over the holidays was simply embarrassing for the biggest market in the country. I actually like some of what they do overall, which is why it was so disappointing to me.