sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

August 15, 2016 12:46 pm  #1

Tom Power takes over for Shad on Q

I haven't listened to Q for a couple of months. I feel this is coming as a shocker to most.

From Shad:Well, my time at q has come to a close.It's been an honour and a JOY to serve in this role! Countless fascinating guests and don't even get me started on my colleagues: Smart, funny, and dedicated is just the beginning. The show will continue and in great hands with Tom Power - an excellent host and a great guy. My relationship with the CBC remains strong. We're discussing the possibility of developing a new show together. In the meantime and either way, I'm looking forward to having more time to put into music and I'm grateful for an amazing experience.Thanks for your love and support on this adventure!

CBC Article: Mic drop: Tom Power to replace Shad as host of CBC's q

August 15, 2016 1:01 pm  #2

Re: Tom Power takes over for Shad on Q

I'm getting far too old to keep track of this stuff.  I thought you meant 107 and couldn't figure out what you were talking about .

Madness takes its toll.  Please have exact change.

August 15, 2016 1:06 pm  #3

Yeah. Always wondered how CBC got away with using that name. Wonder if that's why the branding for the show is with a lower case `q'. 

Which I should've used for this thread.

August 15, 2016 1:15 pm  #4

Do you know why it's called Q?

Alan Slaight didn't believe that a rock format would survive, and the agreement was, when the rock thing crumbled, he wanted to have an easy listening station.  CILQ-FM would have been called Silk-FM.  

I heard that from someone who would know, believe me, but I've never heard it elsewhere.

ig.

August 15, 2016 1:18 pm  #5

ig wrote:

Do you know why it's called Q?

Alan Slaight didn't believe that a rock format would survive, and the agreement was, when the rock thing crumbled, he wanted to have an easy listening station.  CILQ-FM would have been called Silk-FM.  

I heard that from someone who would know, believe me, but I've never heard it elsewhere.

ig.

Never knew that. Cool! 

August 15, 2016 3:16 pm  #6

ig wrote:

They're halfway there!

August 15, 2016 7:31 pm  #7

bring Jian back,

August 15, 2016 10:07 pm  #8

Don't

arc23 wrote:

bring Jian back,

August 16, 2016 10:21 am  #9

Purely for the sake of accuracy, it's Allan Slaight (two 'l's' in Allan).  

August 16, 2016 1:34 pm  #10

I knew that, grammarly apparently had issues with it, but thank you .

Doug Thompson wrote:

Purely for the sake of accuracy, it's Allan Slaight (two 'l's' in Allan).