sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

November 24, 2021 11:49 pm  #1

Can We Get Sirius!? free XM until December 6

https://twitter.com/BuickCanada/status/1461806988086718470?t=PmndW9ZdwXSHD1KvsUcU0g&s=19

saw this on the Twitterverse, it's a hoot just to ponder all the oh so specific choices, now if they had one with 24 hour Monty Python sketch programming... 🦶🥥🏰👑🐇

Last edited by betaylored (November 24, 2021 11:51 pm)

November 25, 2021 7:14 am  #2

Re: Can We Get Sirius!? free XM until December 6

We got a free three-month trial of SiriusXM in August, when we bought our current vehicle, a 2019 GMC Terrain, at the local GM dealership.  Only used it maybe once or twice - too many signal dropouts, even with a clear sky, no obstructions etc., and we already have plenty of other options, such as Spotify and the Musicolet app on my Android phone (I usually ride shotgun), a 32 GB USB stick with my wife's favourites, and most of Ottawa's FMs, though the tuner is usually on HOT 89.9, which we both agree on.

November 25, 2021 10:42 am  #3

RadioWiz & RadioQuiz are NOT the same person. 
RadioWiz & THE Wiz are NOT the same person.

November 25, 2021 11:14 am  #4

I was going to cancel my Sirius XM but it just renewed automatically last week.  It renews every six months, and getting kind of expensive.  With Sirius you need to threaten to cancel to get a better deal.  Sort of like Rogers and Bell with cable TV.  A few years ago I phoned them to pull the plug and they offered a great bargain for a year.  I still don't listen to them that much other than about six music stations and even then just sporadically.  Sirius XM is repetitive with it's music if you listen for a while.  70's on 7 enough of Lady Marmalade!!   Some of the news and sports stations also have commercials.

November 25, 2021 12:52 pm  #5

With the streaming services offering lossless audio etc. XM sounds very puny.

November 25, 2021 1:00 pm  #6

Used it when free during start of covid.   Horrible and audio quality of year 2009. 

November 25, 2021 1:07 pm  #7

i have a thousand radio apps on mytuner, all free and from all around the world. 

November 25, 2021 5:01 pm  #8

I use SXM. Here in London, there isn't a lot of variety with OTA radio around here.

It also comes in handy when we're driving to Florida. KY, TN and GA have nothing but cowboy music, religion, NASCAR and right wing political rants.

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

November 26, 2021 9:52 pm  #9