sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

November 24, 2021 4:27 pm  #1

Jay Michaels Has A Busy Few Days Ahead

He's not only going to be hosting 4 hours of CFRB's afternoon show, but the morning run at CHUM-FM on both Thursday and Friday. That's a lot of radio in 48 hours.

I strongly suspect if Ryan Doyle was around, he'd probably be excused from the second show. But without him there, he's forced to do a double. 

November 24, 2021 11:25 pm  #2

Re: Jay Michaels Has A Busy Few Days Ahead

RadioActive wrote:

He's not only going to be hosting 4 hours of CFRB's afternoon show, but the morning run at CHUM-FM on both Thursday and Friday. That's a lot of radio in 48 hours.

I strongly suspect if Ryan Doyle was around, he'd probably be excused from the second show. But without him there, he's forced to do a double. 

Jay's done this marathon duty several times before that I can remember, and at least once during a week when he and Ryan were both working together doing their regular show back in the good ol' days before the tag team vacationing manoeuvres.

It won't be a piece of cake, but at least a music station on-air break is shorter, with more breathing space between mic time than the almost nonstop chatting on talk radio.

Hope the powers that be are compensating Jay properly for it.

Last edited by betaylored (November 24, 2021 11:26 pm)

November 24, 2021 11:46 pm  #3

If they ever need a fill-in on the talk side, maybe Peter Shurman is available!

November 24, 2021 11:57 pm  #4

RadioActive wrote:

If they ever need a fill-in on the talk side, maybe Peter Shurman is available!

I'd definitely tune in.