sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

November 17, 2021 10:24 pm  #31

Re: Z103.5

torontostan wrote:

Brad wrote:

But none of the CING hosts originate in Hamilton. Mornings from Toronto, midday is beamed in from Barrie I believe, afternoons from Toronto and evenings from Montreal.

Do they have local advertising? If so, wouldn't that be against the CRTC 1/3rd regulation? 

Afternoons I think comes from Hamilton... I could be mistaken, but from the pics posted by the host, it appears she is in the Hamilton studio.  

Mid-days being voicetracked and played from Hamilton, may be their saving grace... I also think there is a shift on the weekends done out of the Hamilton studios.   This could equal the required time to count.   It will be right at the limit though. 

Last edited by radiokid (November 17, 2021 10:26 pm)

November 21, 2021 4:32 pm  #32

It looks like the morning show will now be with mid-day announcer Sandra Crofford and… Rick Campanelli.

Source: Sandra Crofford’s IG page.

Last edited by Here2day (November 22, 2021 5:22 pm)

November 22, 2021 12:50 pm  #33

Was also posted on Rick Campanelli's Instagram page at around the same time https://www.instagram.com/p/CWi9urApkjw/

For those of you who don't remember, yes we are talking about Rick "the Temp" Campanelli circa MuchMusic (1994-2005) and who also subsequently worked as a co-host at ET Canada until 2017.

He also had brief exposure to radio back in 2016 as one of the co-hosts to CFNY's morning show alongside Fred and Mel.

Last edited by PwrSurge (November 22, 2021 1:01 pm)

November 22, 2021 1:11 pm  #34

So after listening to their first show this morning, things went great.  We can clearly see that Rick is getting used in being back on the radio as his co-host Sandra (who was previously doing Middays) is leading all breaks rather than him but i suspect this will change over time once he gets the hang of it.

Overall a good choice for Z103.5 as there's lots of nostalgia for Rick "the Temp" back from his Much Music days which goes well with the core audience listening to the station who would have grown up watching him on TV.

As far as Tony Monaco, he has now taken over Middays by himself which Sandra Crofford was previously doing.

November 22, 2021 1:16 pm  #35

Impressive! 

November 22, 2021 2:09 pm  #36

I worked with Rick when he started as "the intern" at MuchMusic.   That was probably his first professional broadcast job.   He was genuine on and off the air.  A pleasure to work with.  I am always pleased when Rick takes on a new challenge.  A very talented guy.

November 22, 2021 5:21 pm  #37

PwrSurge wrote:

Was also posted on Rick Campanelli's Instagram page at around the same time https://www.instagram.com/p/CWi9urApkjw/

For those of you who don't remember, yes we are talking about Rick "the Temp" Campanelli circa MuchMusic (1994-2005) and who also subsequently worked as a co-host at ET Canada until 2017.

He also had brief exposure to radio back in 2016 as one of the co-hosts to CFNY's morning show alongside Fred and Mel.

It’s interesting because I remember Rick briefly going back to City in 2019, but never heard about his whereabouts or what happened after then.

Source:  https://youtu.be/laKPv0PgePw

November 23, 2021 12:59 pm  #38

Tony Monico is 62. He may not have been at the same station for 50 years, but he's been in the business a while...maybe he can be the next Wally Crouter! (he has been with Z 103 for quite a while)
Congrats Mr. Monico!  Well earned! 

RadioWiz & RadioQuiz are NOT the same person. 
RadioWiz & THE Wiz are NOT the same person.