sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

November 17, 2021 12:03 pm  #1

Stafford

What’s up with my boy Mike? Miss him on the airwaves. I assumed he would shift to a podcast but … he loves … btw. Lol. Get your shit together Mike. Story doesn’t have to end like this.

February 10, 2022 9:21 am  #2

Re: Stafford

For many years, I was a huge Stafford fan .. all the way back to when he did the weekend Trivia show on CFRB.  But as he aged, my personal view was he was morph'ing into an "old man yelling at the clouds".  The wit was still there but it was becoming way too cynical, even mean.  

So I'm only half surprised to see that Staff's wife appears to be a Fox News, GOP, Trumpette soundbox.   Fans of Judge Jeanine, Fox News, Freedom Convoy are bitter people who have lost touch with reality.

Her twitter feed is disappointing ..  https://twitter.com/jodi_stafford?lang=en

a couple of samples:

February 10, 2022 11:37 am  #3

Is SOWNY a political viewpoint message board now?

February 10, 2022 11:38 am  #4

g121 wrote:

For many years, I was a huge Stafford fan .. all the way back to when he did the weekend Trivia show on CFRB.  But as he aged, my personal view was he was morph'ing into an "old man yelling at the clouds".  The wit was still there but it was becoming way too cynical, even mean.  

So I'm only half surprised to see that Staff's wife appears to be a Fox News, GOP, Trumpette soundbox.   Fans of Judge Jeanine, Fox News, Freedom Convoy are bitter people who have lost touch with reality.

Her twitter feed is disappointing ..  https://twitter.com/jodi_stafford?lang=en

a couple of samples:

Several times when Mike was on-air he did mention Jodi's obsession with a certain American "news" channel and made it clear without disrespecting his wife that he did not share her interest or views.

There seems to be a welcome trend these days of allowing people to move forward to grow and evolve.

I'd love to hear Mike Stafford tackle the challenge of looking at the way the way we express ourselves as the debut episode of his new podcast. (if he eventually has one)

I know there are a number of other people here on the big yellow board who would tune in to listen to Staff if and/or when he returns to the airwaves because they've been pretty vocal about it, and after listening to what's on offer on the radio this week, God knows we could sure use him.