sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

August 5, 2016 1:05 pm  #61

Re: The axe falls again at Corus

rawkgurl wrote:

by 8:30 I only care about up to date traffic reports and someone entertaining to listen to

. . . if there has been a major overnite event, regardless of what one normally listens to for entertainment, many automatically switch to NewsTalk 1010 or 680 News for the rest of the story (then back to the entertaining music station).      Disagree?

August 8, 2016 9:40 am  #62

Roseee wrote:

KOOL-FM 105.3 Kitchener is no more...jocks are not on air...no facebook or twitter and website features a Christmas In July poster w/ a format launch coming at noon Friday....the fiscal year is coming to an end and the changes are coming in a furious manner. 

Turns out the new morning show host is a guy without a lot of radio experience. He won one of those "be-an-announcer-for-the-summer" contests in 2014 and will soon be starting as the morning man in Kitchener, after a brief stint doing weekends in Montreal.

Weekend host leaves Virgin Radio Montreal for Kitchener

Last edited by RadioActive (August 8, 2016 9:40 am)

August 8, 2016 4:55 pm  #63

​A fine-looking specimen, although not sure how those tattoos will be received in the Oktoberfest parade

August 8, 2016 5:10 pm  #64

I'm sure people won't care about his tattoos. 

August 8, 2016 5:45 pm  #65

rawkgurl wrote:

I'm sure people won't care about his tattoos. 

​are you new to these parts, rawk gurl?

August 12, 2016 4:17 pm  #66

Re: the Big FM rebranding, this comes from Simcoe.com:

As Barrie’s 101.1 rebrands, radio industry feels pressure to stay relevant

I believe they're right about the local news component, but aren't most stations cutting back in that area?

Last edited by RadioActive (August 12, 2016 4:18 pm)