sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

November 9, 2021 11:34 am  #1

Evan Solomon Off Air For A Week After Family Tragedy

I was sad to hear John Moore on Tuesday explain the sudden absence of Evan Solomon from both his radio and TV shows. He lost his father on Nov. 6th, and will likely be off the air until at least next week. (I believe this is the obit.)

Jewish tradition has something called a "Shiva" after a family member dies, a week of mourning accompanied by visits from relatives and friends calling to comfort the bereaved. I'm assuming that's where he is and there will be fill-ins on his various shows until it ends.  

I'm a big fan of Solomon. He knows his stuff and to me, is one of the better and less partisan analysts on national media, an interviewer who generally doesn't play favourites and tries to pin down slippery politicians, who mostly try to avoid answering any questions. I'm sorry to hear he's going through such a tough time and look forward to when he's back on air. 

November 10, 2021 6:56 am  #2

Re: Evan Solomon Off Air For A Week After Family Tragedy

https://youtu.be/YB46h1koicQ

Sincere condolences to Evan and his family on their loss.

John Moore and other radio hosts have spoken about their experience with grief on the death of a parent, friend or other family member. It's one of the gifts of radio, taking away the feeling of isolation, and also reminding us to hug those we love today.

Anderson Cooper and Stephen Colbert had a very personal, helpful and hopeful conversation about grief. I've linked it above.

I am also a fan of Evan's radio show, and look forward to his return.

Last edited by betaylored (November 10, 2021 7:01 am)