sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

October 14, 2021 10:33 am  #1

"The Tonight Show" Launches A New Version - But Just For Kids

Talk about leveraging one of TV's most iconic brands. "The Tonight Show" is launching a new spinoff on Thursday - and its target audience won't have to stay up late to see it. (In fact, they'd better not be up late!) The new concept is a Tonight Show for kids.

It takes place on the actual set, but is hosted by some pint-size Jimmy Fallons, has kids as guests, and also features appearances from music and movie stars. According to the P.R.:

"Hosted by an ensemble of four amazingly talented and quick-witted kids, this is the show where the kids are in charge. Viewers will get next-generation interpretations of all the beloved Fallon bits, celebrity interviews and signature late-night fun for kids and the whole family."

You won't be able to see it in Canada - it's only on NBC's streaming service Peacock, which is not available in this country. But there is a free mini-preview online if you're curious what this might look like. 

I'm sure I wouldn't watch it even if I could, but I wonder if this kind of staid old format will be of interest to its target audience. After all these years, it's amazing to me how they're able to still squeeze more juice out of this very old lemon. Anyway, I thought some here might be interested to see what it looks like. If you're curious, you can watch the promo below.