sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

October 6, 2021 12:16 pm  #1

Mix 99.9 Toronto Halloween Montage and More

Trick or Treat

A Halloween treat on the first clip by way of Mix 99.9 from around 2000. Mix at this time was rather unique in that it was a hybrid of Triple A, Rock/Alternative and Hot AC ( POP). You will hear that somewhat in the first clip.

The second clip also features Mix as well as other Toronto and area stations from the late 90’s and 2000.

The third clip has content from AM top 40 station CFTR from 1990 and a small snip from Magic 102.5 from Buffalo. Most of the DJ’s are not ID’d and the trick is to identify them.

I did not edit  in Moxy Fruvous’ Video Bargainville  and the mention of “Roger” into the clip.  That track is on the same tape as the the content in which the CHUM FM morning team of Roger, Rick and Marilyn are mentioned.   My guess is that the track was played on MIx 99.9 and just coincidentally after the CHUM FM mention of Roger.

MIX 99.9 Halloween Montage and More

Last edited by Fitz (October 6, 2021 12:17 pm)

Cool Airchecks and More:
http://www.lettheuniverseanswer.com/

October 6, 2021 1:48 pm  #2

Re: Mix 99.9 Toronto Halloween Montage and More

For 680 CFTR that sounds like Kris James as "KJ the DJ" doing the top ten at ten and John Garabedian's Open House Party on Magic 102.  

RadioWiz & RadioQuiz are NOT the same person. 
RadioWiz & THE Wiz are NOT the same person.

October 7, 2021 8:21 am  #3

Radiowiz wrote:

For 680 CFTR that sounds like Kris James as "KJ the DJ" doing the top ten at ten and John Garabedian's Open House Party on Magic 102.  

Radiowiz I might be wrong about this but I think the DJ that intros  the Cherry Poppin' Daddies and Zoot Suit Riot on the second clip is one who I have seen you mention several times through the years, Punch Andrews.

I like the names of some of the Mix DJ's like Schmilsson Wilson. Probably inspired by Nilsson Schmilsson.

Cool Airchecks and More:

October 7, 2021 8:43 am  #4

Fitz wrote:

Radiowiz wrote:

Radiowiz I might be wrong about this but I think the DJ that intros  the Cherry Poppin' Daddies and Zoot Suit Riot on the second clip is one who I have seen you mention several times through the years, Punch Andrews.

I like the names of some of the Mix DJ's like Schmilsson Wilson. Probably inspired by Nilsson Schmilsson.

Yup. It's a keeper. You managed to sneak two seconds of the late great Punch in there.  Good job!  
This is where I'm supposed to ramble on about how I miss the guy, but don't we all? lol

RadioWiz & RadioQuiz are NOT the same person. 
RadioWiz & THE Wiz are NOT the same person.

October 9, 2021 9:27 am  #5

Radiowiz wrote:

Fitz wrote:

Radiowiz wrote:

Yup. It's a keeper. You managed to sneak two seconds of the late great Punch in there.  Good job!  
This is where I'm supposed to ramble on about how I miss the guy, but don't we all? lol

Short DJ segments were rather intentional on this one but the unintended segue from Terry Johnston on Majic 94.9 to Punch Andrews almost sounds like the same DJ.

Cool Airchecks and More: