sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

October 1, 2021 3:35 pm  #1

Maureen Holloway out at CHFI

Today was Maureen Holloway's last day on the morning show at CHFI. Sounds like there's a whole new morning show coming.

Maureen Holloway says goodbye to CHFI

Last edited by eladb (October 1, 2021 3:35 pm)

October 1, 2021 3:39 pm  #2

Re: Maureen Holloway out at CHFI

Also out is Morning Show Producer Gord Rennie

https://twitter.com/GordSRennie/status/1443973158252552195

October 1, 2021 3:46 pm  #3

Going to have to agree with Toronto Mike's guess of Pooja and Gurdeep

October 1, 2021 4:21 pm  #4

RadioAaron wrote:

If Mike's hunch is correct, could be a very smart move by CHFI.  The morning show ratings battle would get very interesting.  

October 1, 2021 4:26 pm  #5

Plus, with radio people now running TV at Rogers, a little gift to BT.

October 1, 2021 4:47 pm  #6

A little revamp of the playlist should happen too.  "Perfect music mix is become perfect repetitive mix" although they dont repeat the same songs from 9 to 5 - its literally the same playlist with Eric Carmen's Hungry Eyes from Dirty Dancing soundtrack always around 10am....c'mon!!

October 1, 2021 4:51 pm  #7

Yes, I would love to know the TV morning ratings.  I have always heard that CP24 has been the most watched for quite a while now. The morning personalities on CP24 were all likeable and with Gurdeep and Pooja gone could impact their ratings.   BT lost the morning crown around the time that CP24 started doing the City format better than City.  Supposedly the ratings for CTV's Your Morning have gone up over the past year.  CBC's morning program with Heather Hiscox is good and more news oriented than most other TV morning shows. Maureen Holloway's goodbye was gracious and very well said.  She is too talented, funny and popular to be away for long. It will be interesting to see where she ends up next.  

October 1, 2021 4:52 pm  #8

paterson1 wrote:

It will be interesting to see where she ends up next.  

CP24 mornings? That would be very typical Toronto media.

October 1, 2021 5:21 pm  #9

I have had the pleasure of working with Mo at a couple of stations and have always been in awe of her talent. I can't comment on her last 5 years as I haven't heard her at CHFI but I have difficulty believing whoever replaces her will do a better job. 

October 1, 2021 5:21 pm  #10

eladb wrote:

Today was Maureen Holloway's last day on the morning show at CHFI. Sounds like there's a whole new morning show coming.

Maureen Holloway says goodbye to CHFI

Two things caught my attention.

Maureen, in her farewell eladb kindly provided here, said to her former boss "I hope I didn't let you down." and hopes a talented co-worker gets an opportunity to do more than they're currently doing, a nicely phrased vote of support and positive encouragement.

I was never a fan of CHFI's playlist, but I am a fan of Ms. Holloway who makes being bright, smart and cheery on-air look easy. I'm sure there's lots of voice work ahead in the future for her, and I wonder where she'll choose to go next.

October 1, 2021 5:37 pm  #11

RadioAaron wrote:

I also agree. They would make a good morning show.  I hope it can stay local to Toronto though. 

RadioWiz & RadioQuiz are NOT the same person. 
RadioWiz & THE Wiz are NOT the same person.

October 1, 2021 5:51 pm  #12

Darren Lamb posted to social media for the first time since January today....a picture of his dog and the hashtag #happy

October 1, 2021 9:14 pm  #13

RadioAaron wrote:

Darren Lamb posted to social media for the first time since January today....a picture of his dog and the hashtag #happy

Back in the day I actually hung around and listened when Darren was talking during a break between songs and spots in the morning while dial flipping through all the stations.

Nice to hear he's happy, thanks RadioAaron.

October 2, 2021 12:51 am  #14

paterson1 wrote:

Yes, I would love to know the TV morning ratings.  I have always heard that CP24 has been the most watched for quite a while now. The morning personalities on CP24 were all likeable and with Gurdeep and Pooja gone could impact their ratings.   BT lost the morning crown around the time that CP24 started doing the City format better than City.  Supposedly the ratings for CTV's Your Morning have gone up over the past year.

I'll look for updated numbers.. but here are some from 2015-2016 (AMA, A12+, Toronto CMA)

BREAKFAST TELEVISION 82,460
CP24 BREAKFAST 76,550
CANADA AM 35,250
CHCH MORNING LIVE 25,440
THE MORNING SHOW 13,500

Last edited by torontostan (October 2, 2021 11:13 am)

October 2, 2021 7:02 am  #15

torontostan wrote:

paterson1 wrote:

Yes, I would love to know the TV morning ratings.  I have always heard that CP24 has been the most watched for quite a while now. The morning personalities on CP24 were all likeable and with Gurdeep and Pooja gone could impact their ratings.   BT lost the morning crown around the time that CP24 started doing the City format better than City.  Supposedly the ratings for CTV's Your Morning have gone up over the past year.

I'll look for updated numbers.. but here are some from 2017 (AMA, A12+, Toronto CMA)

BREAKFAST TELEVISION 82,460
CP24 BREAKFAST 76,550
CANADA AM 35,250
CHCH MORNING LIVE 25,440
THE MORNING SHOW 13,500

Interesting, thanks torontostan.  Both BT and CP24 well ahead of CanadaAM.  Although I am wondering why CanadaAM would be listed, it was replaced by Your Morning in August 2016.  CHCH back then also beating Global and CBC morning shows, which didn't even make the list. 

October 2, 2021 11:12 am  #16

paterson1 wrote:

Interesting, thanks torontostan.  Both BT and CP24 well ahead of CanadaAM.  Although I am wondering why CanadaAM would be listed, it was replaced by Your Morning in August 2016.  CHCH back then also beating Global and CBC morning shows, which didn't even make the list. 

Ah shoot you're right. On second look these are actually Aug 2015-Aug 2016 numbers (I'll edit my initial reply). Also keep in mind that these are Toronto CMA only. Canada AM and the Morning Show each pulled about 175,000 nationally. This was also a time with more than one Breakfast Television, which cumulatively pulled about 144,000 nationally (half of that being Toronto's alone).

Some quick napkin calculations tell me that potentially ~30% of Canadian morning show viewers watch American programs (I.e. Today, GMA, CBS), but also keep in mind those run 7-9, not 6-9. 

October 2, 2021 2:10 pm  #17

Tracy Moore will be guest hosting the CHFI morning show for the time being

https://www.facebook.com/981CHFI/posts/10159620891601655

October 2, 2021 2:14 pm  #18

That's the way to say goodbye, if you get the chance. Heartfelt and classy, entertaining, too.

If one door closes and the next door opens, this should shorten the wait.

October 4, 2021 2:05 pm  #19

Interesting.  At no point did Maureen give a word of thanks to Mr. Lamb.  Perhaps she was told not to.  Who knows?

Last edited by AMFM (October 4, 2021 2:18 pm)

October 4, 2021 7:05 pm  #20

AMFM wrote:

Interesting.  At no point did Maureen give a word of thanks to Mr. Lamb.  Perhaps she was told not to.  Who knows?

Interesting indeed. Why should she thank a guy that abruptly gave up on their show? Rogers thought "well now that he's gone, let's reevaluate the show. Yep, get rid of her too" and so her demise is likely (at least partially) a result of the show being broken up. Especially considering the new hosts were clearly a package deal (Pooja and Gurdeep). 

October 25, 2021 10:25 am  #21

Another on air change at CHFI.... Tish Iceton was relieved of her duties yesterday.

https://twitter.com/torontomike/status/1452422643605557258?s=20

October 25, 2021 1:19 pm  #22

torontostan.  You know this for sure?  It will be interesting; if true, to hear them attempt to be music hosts.  They are magnificent TV Talk hosts.

October 25, 2021 3:45 pm  #23

Tish Iceton had a great voice!  Almost like the Ingrid Schumacher kind of way.

October 25, 2021 4:28 pm  #24

markow202 wrote:

Tish Iceton had a great voice!  Almost like the Ingrid Schumacher kind of way.

Having listened to both, I 100% agree!

October 26, 2021 5:02 am  #25

Radio.Intern wrote:

Another on air change at CHFI.... Tish Iceton was relieved of her duties yesterday.

https://twitter.com/torontomike/status/1452422643605557258?s=20

That's too bad. Is CHFI starting John Tesh @ 7pm instead of 9PM now? 

Interesting to note: as of this posting, Tish Iseton has not yet been deleted from CHFI's website:
https://www.chfi.com/shows/tish-iceton/

RadioWiz & RadioQuiz are NOT the same person. 
RadioWiz & THE Wiz are NOT the same person.