sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

August 21, 2021 8:01 pm  #1

Conservative Radio Host Passes Away Due to Covid

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2021/aug/21/tennessee-radio-host-phil-valentine-vaccine-vaccination-dies-covid-19

Very sad story, for many reasons.

Will it move the conversation forward and help his followers to reconsider their views on getting vaccinated.

Last edited by betaylored (August 21, 2021 8:04 pm)

August 21, 2021 8:45 pm  #2

Re: Conservative Radio Host Passes Away Due to Covid

At this point you could just put “radio host” and everyone would know it’s a conservative/republican.

August 21, 2021 9:15 pm  #3

Sadly, not the first story of this kind this month. 

Vocal anti-vaccine broadcaster dies from COVID-19 complications

August 21, 2021 9:19 pm  #4

"It isn't a thing until it affects me personally."

August 22, 2021 2:02 pm  #5

GOP officials and mouth-pieces are dying all over the place. And, yet, the anti-mask, anti-vax wackos are doubling down. The only real question is will the anti-mask, anti-vax people die faster than they can breed?

Harsh? Cruel? Probably. But isn't it time for these people to meet the maker they all trust to defeat the virus, without medical or scientific intervention?

Although I realize that society has many people who are simply contrarian, anti-science and beholden to political fights rather than truth, I really had no idea just how many. Man, I have been disabused of that notion. It's mind-numbing!

August 22, 2021 9:33 pm  #6

Sad on so many levels. 

August 22, 2021 9:55 pm  #7

Donald Trump was booed last night by a crowd of his own supporters when he urged them to get vaccinated.

https://www.newsweek.com/donald-trump-booed-alabama-rally-after-encouraging-crowd-get-covid-19-vaccine-1621811

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

August 23, 2021 8:36 am  #8

Dial Twister wrote:

GOP officials and mouth-pieces are dying all over the place. And, yet, the anti-mask, anti-vax wackos are doubling down. The only real question is will the anti-mask, anti-vax people die faster than they can breed?

Harsh? Cruel? Probably. But isn't it time for these people to meet the maker they all trust to defeat the virus, without medical or scientific intervention?

Although I realize that society has many people who are simply contrarian, anti-science and beholden to political fights rather than truth, I really had no idea just how many. Man, I have been disabused of that notion. It's mind-numbing!

It's not just their anti-vax, anti-mask, anti-science, covid's a hoax stance .. it's their selfishness, greed, willful ignorance & even stupidity ..  it's also their belligerence,  mockery, insult & even intimidation & threats thrown at all who aren't 100% with their views.   Bad enough when it's "joe public", so much worse when they have the broadcast power of the TV/Radio mike.  Hillary was right .. they're deplorable.

August 28, 2021 9:52 pm  #9

And now a third one has succumbed to anti-vax stupidity. 

After 3-week COVID-19 battle, Daytona Beach talk radio host Marc Bernier dies

September 1, 2021 2:05 pm  #10

This sad story is getting even more tragic. There's now a website tracing all those U.S. skeptics who have died (or been close to death) from COVID-19 after repeatedly talking against the vaccine. And it's a long list. In the past week, for instance, there were 22 people listed. And that's just the past 7 days. This thing just goes on and on and on...

Anti-Vaxxer Death Website

September 6, 2021 11:00 am  #11

RadioActive wrote:

This sad story is getting even more tragic. There's now a website tracing all those U.S. skeptics who have died (or been close to death) from COVID-19 after repeatedly talking against the vaccine. And it's a long list. In the past week, for instance, there were 22 people listed. And that's just the past 7 days. This thing just goes on and on and on...

Anti-Vaxxer Death Website

8-9000 die EVERY day in the US (as a /SOP) and some trash website identifies these people - I wonder if they are going to start the Vaxxer Death Website (it's coming - Israel is in the thick of it)

Come out to the coast, we'll get together, have a few laughs... 
~ John McClane

September 13, 2021 11:40 pm  #12

September 16, 2021 12:14 pm  #13

It seems there is an effort by the media to categorize every individual who is an 'anti-vaxer' as a right wing wacko.

I know people that lean heavily to the political left who reject vaccination. I also know many folks on the right of the political spectrum who are vaccinated and encourage others to get the shot. They see the anti-vaxers as fools. So in my experience it's not necessarily a political ideology.

But leave it to the media to try to paint it that way; create more division and identity politics.