sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

September 8, 2021 12:31 am  #1

Siriusly Sinatra

I was listening today to SXM CH 71, Siriusly Sinatra. Suddenly, mid-program they started playing country music. At first, I thought someone at sirius had switched something and they were feeding one of their cowboy music channels into CH 71.

But, no. After three cowboy tunes the announcer came on and said that had been their tribute to Labour Day. Aside from the fact that they were a day late, there was the elitist assumption that we in the working class just want to hear country music. If that was the case, I would have been tuned to one of the country music channels already.

Rather than a tribute to the working class it was a display of contempt for the working class. Couldn't even take the time to check the calendar to see when Labour Day really is.

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

September 8, 2021 4:28 am  #2

Re: Siriusly Sinatra

Sounds like a glitch. It most likely aired labour day already on another SXM channel, but someone decided to replay it for some unknown reason on channel 71.  

Is Channel 71 gone now? Or did they actually go back to Sinatra?

RadioWiz & RadioQuiz are NOT the same person. 
RadioWiz & THE Wiz are NOT the same person.

September 8, 2021 9:53 am  #3

Sinatra on Sirius @ 9:53 AM Wednesday.

September 8, 2021 9:54 am  #4

It wasn't a glitch. The programmers at Siriusly Sinatra decided to insert some country music int their play list yesterday as a salute to us country music loving, beer drinking, pickup driving, hard hat wearing working class guys. That's what they said.

September 8, 2021 10:30 am  #5

tvguy wrote:

Of course it's still Siriusly Sinatra. It was all day yesterday too. They just decided to play some cowboy music for us working class guys who, they assume, don't like any other kind of music.

Last edited by turkeytop (September 8, 2021 11:16 am)

September 8, 2021 12:49 pm  #6

turkeytop wrote:

tvguy wrote:

Of course it's still Siriusly Sinatra. It was all day yesterday too. They just decided to play some cowboy music for us working class guys who, they assume, don't like any other kind of music.

am now imagining a new channel: Siriusly Nothing But Nickelback
tagline: for the working class guy inside us all 🤨🤠

Last edited by betaylored (September 8, 2021 12:50 pm)

September 8, 2021 1:08 pm  #7

There's nobody more working class than I am and I've never heard of this Nickelback character.

They already have too many channels dedicated to a single band, song or performer. The Elvis Channel, the Beatles Channel, The Grateful Dead Channel, The Disco Duck Channel.

Last edited by turkeytop (September 8, 2021 1:22 pm)

September 8, 2021 7:46 pm  #8

turkeytop wrote:

There's nobody more working class than I am and I've never heard of this Nickelback character

holy moly, I came across info this afternoon on YouTube on why Nickelback is the most hated band, alot of it I didn't know, and if I had known about some of the more unsavory, unpleasant details, I wouldn't have written about the idea of a Nickelback channel.

I just thought they were a semi talented cookie cutter song writing hard rock band pandering to a certain kind of music fan.

Count yourself lucky you don't know anything about Nickelback turkeytop. 🤨🐐