sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

August 31, 2021 1:44 pm  #32

Re: Mike Richards OUT as Jeopardy host

Mike Richards is having a bad day.  Wonder what happens to the shows he hosted?  Do over?

- Not an industry person.  Just a guy with a love of Toronto radio. 

August 31, 2021 3:11 pm  #33

No, they've already announced that those shows will air as scheduled. That's because the winner has to have continuity and they can't penalize the contestant who won those games by simply throwing them out. I wonder if or what they'll put on as a disclaimer right before they air or if they'll just ignore the thing and get through the week. 

August 31, 2021 4:41 pm  #34

RadioActive wrote:

No, they've already announced that those shows will air as scheduled. That's because the winner has to have continuity and they can't penalize the contestant who won those games by simply throwing them out. I wonder if or what they'll put on as a disclaimer right before they air or if they'll just ignore the thing and get through the week. 

I wonder what they'll edit in when Richards says he's honoured and humbled to be carrying on Alex's legacy. 

August 31, 2021 5:07 pm  #35

We'll all see what they do when those five final episodes of his air beginning the week of Sept. 13th.

September 1, 2021 11:27 am  #36

Here's the rarely seen audition of Mike Richards as host of The Price Is Right. After reading the article about his tenure there (never mind Jeopardy!) I'm frankly surprised he wasn't dealt with sooner. 

Before ‘Jeopardy,’ Mike Richards Left Tumultuous Legacy at ‘Price Is Right’ 

September 8, 2021 11:02 pm  #37

You think since he's been fired, they would scrub any mention of him. But he's still on the Jeopardy website.

https://www.jeopardy.com/about

UPDATE: The page has been updated and he has been removed.

Last edited by Brad (September 19, 2021 5:08 pm)

September 13, 2021 10:21 am  #38

The week-long series of Jeopardys! that Richards taped before his untimely exit begin airing on Monday night. I wonder if there will be any pre-show announcement about why they've chosen to air the five programs he did before getting the boot. (The answer is contestant continuity - because a winner keeps going, they can't just throw out these shows and have to air them to prove the integrity of the contest.)

September 13, 2021 3:11 pm  #39

We’ll find out soon enough. In the meantime they’ve dedicated the stage to Alex Trebek:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=JoouYXKk0CQ

September 13, 2021 8:47 pm  #40

Nothing was said at the start of the show about his controversial exit, although some believe there was a major edit in the first of the final five Mike Richards episodes. 

Did Jeopardy edit out Mike Richards introducing himself as the show's new permanent host?

September 13, 2021 9:59 pm  #41

Listen closely.  After he makes remarks about the current champion ending with the words "he is good", there is an audio blip that sounds like the start of a word.  Sounds like a poorly done edit to me.

I do like the dedication of the Alex Trebek Stage.  Classy on Sony's part.

And yes, the champion _is_ that good.

September 16, 2021 3:53 pm  #42

Ken Jennings and Mayim Bialik will host 'Jeopardy!' for the rest of the year

https://kslnewsradio.com/1955749/ken-jennings-and-mayim-bialik-will-host-jeopardy-for-the-rest-of-the-year/

September 16, 2021 5:38 pm  #43

Leslieville Bill wrote:

Ken Jennings and Mayim Bialik will host 'Jeopardy!' for the rest of the year

https://kslnewsradio.com/1955749/ken-jennings-and-mayim-bialik-will-host-jeopardy-for-the-rest-of-the-year/

From the story above at the link:

>> A Sony spokesperson did not respond to a request for a comment about whether guest hosts would resume in January 2022. <<

Sony now has plenty of time to make an off-air decision. Don't muck things up again. Choose a host. Have him or her ready to go in January. KISS.

Last edited by mike marshall (September 16, 2021 5:42 pm)

October 11, 2021 7:15 am  #44

I suppose it could happen...

October 11, 2021 7:48 pm  #45