sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

August 10, 2021 10:34 am  #1

"Epic Fails and Silver Linings" from Terry O'Reilly

https://www.cbc.ca/amp/1.6135783?__twitter_impression=true

Whilst we're sweating through this miserable heat wave, here's something seriously cool to look forward to this October, Terry O'Reilly, the host of Under The Influence has written a(nother) book. 🍁🍂🍁

August 23, 2021 2:42 pm  #2

Re: "Epic Fails and Silver Linings" from Terry O'Reilly

Speaking of Terry O'Reilly, he's the scheduled one-hour interviewee on this week's "Chatter That Matters," a show that airs on CFRB Fridays at noon. He's rarely a guest and not a host, and while it's not a show I'm usually crazy about, I'll definitely listen to discover a more personal side of the man we rarely get to hear.  

August 26, 2021 10:33 pm  #3

RadioActive wrote:

Speaking of Terry O'Reilly, he's the scheduled one-hour interviewee on this week's "Chatter That Matters," a show that airs on CFRB Fridays at noon. He's rarely a guest and not a host, and while it's not a show I'm usually crazy about, I'll definitely listen to discover a more personal side of the man we rarely get to hear.  

Hey that's tomorrow, T G I Friday!

Thanks RA, i'll be tuning in, Terry O'Reilly unscripted. It'll be interesting to hear what he sounds like audio wise away from the setup he has to record UTI, in his mobile studio.

Tony Chapman is bound to bring his A game for this one. An hour is a heck of a long time to interview someone tho, major show prep required for this one. You can't wing an hour.

Last edited by betaylored (August 26, 2021 10:35 pm)

August 26, 2021 10:46 pm  #4

betaylored wrote:

Hey that's tomorrow, T G I Friday!

Thanks RA, i'll be tuning in, Terry O'Reilly unscripted. It'll be interesting to hear what he sounds like audio wise away from the setup he has to record UTI, in his mobile studio.

Tony Chapman is bound to bring his A game for this one. An hour is a heck of a long time to interview someone tho, major show prep required for this one. You can't wing an hour.

42 minutes, 03 seconds without commercials, but who's counting? 

That episode dropped earlier today here and your other favorite podcast locations:
https://www.chatterthatmatters.ca/podcasts/episode/1ea57a44/backstage-matters-to-terry-oreilly

August 27, 2021 9:39 am  #5

Looking forward to hearing it, but it was a bit disingenuous of John Moore on NT1010 Friday morning to continually refer to O'Reilly's show as a "podcast." It does, indeed, become one, but it's first and foremost a radio show. I know the old rule against mentioning the competition, but he might have at least acknowledged that his "podcast" airs on another station in town every week, even without indicating which one.