sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

August 11, 2021 11:37 am  #1

Shift Change: Edge 103.3 Morning Crew Heading To 97Rock In Buffalo

They're both owned by the same company, so it may not be as big a deal as it seems. But Shredd & Ragan, who have been doing mornings on Edge 103.3 in Buffalo since 1994, abruptly announced on Wednesday they would be moving up the dial to 96.9, to host the 97Rock morning show. The change is effective as of Monday.

No word on what led to the sudden relocation or what happens to the current occupant of that spot on WGRF. (The station infamously fired most of its previous morning crew after some politically incorrect remarks earlier this year.)

Either way, Shredd is lucky to be on the air anywhere at all. He survived a fight against COVID-19 and spent a month in hospital fighting the disease last spring. 

Shredd & Ragan moving from 103.3 the Edge to 97 Rock

August 12, 2021 8:37 pm  #2

Re: Shift Change: Edge 103.3 Morning Crew Heading To 97Rock In Buffalo

If memory serves, DJ Jickster(who was doing wakeups while 97 Rock was deciding on a full-time show)will still be around the station.

August 16, 2021 9:28 am  #3

I was wondering what the reason for this move was and now I have the answer. 

Here's why Shredd and Ragan moved to 97 Rock

November 9, 2021 12:14 pm  #4

WEDG has finally gotten around to naming an official morning show host to replace the departed duo of Shredd and Ragan. It's Cassidy Proctor, who's going to be a very busy woman. After her morning show shift, she'll also do middays at Cumulus' Erie station. 

New Morning Show Host At WEDG Buffalo

November 9, 2021 1:19 pm  #5

RadioActive wrote:

WEDG has finally gotten around to naming an official morning show host to replace the departed duo of Shredd and Ragan. It's Cassidy Proctor, who's going to be a very busy woman. After her morning show shift, she'll also do middays at Cumulus' Erie station. 

New Morning Show Host At WEDG Buffalo

Buffalo's version of  88.1's Josie Dye? 

RadioWiz & RadioQuiz are NOT the same person. 
RadioWiz & THE Wiz are NOT the same person.

November 9, 2021 6:17 pm  #6

To add to the last two posts: Joe Russo, who's PD at WGRF(97 Rock), is also PD'ing one of Cumulus' Erie stations. (Sorry, I don't know which one....it's either the one where Cassiday is VT'ing middays(WXKC/Classy 100), WXTA(Nash FM 97.9)or WQHZ(Z 102.3). I'm PRETTY sure it's not WRIE(CBS Sports Radio 1260), however.)

Last edited by ckg927 (November 9, 2021 6:22 pm)