sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

August 7, 2021 12:21 pm  #1

1975 Era SOWNY Commercials

Being a guy that loves old commercials (and also wakes up at 2am at night), I stumbled across this cache of commercials from 1975 that was uploaded to Youtube.  
I don't recall The Art Shoppe in Toronto but I guess they just recently closed.

Enjoy your trip back to 1975!

Davester.

https://youtu.be/zgwiC4TT9aM

August 7, 2021 12:43 pm  #2

Re: 1975 Era SOWNY Commercials

I do remember driving by Art Shoppe and going in with my mom and dad.  I don't recall it after 1979 though.

Cheers,
Jody Thornton

August 7, 2021 12:53 pm  #3

I'm actually surprised Art Shoppe didn't move back in on the ground level when the land was sold to become a condo. People moving into a new condo might have wanted some new furniture, maybe?
(Farm Boy and Staples are now on the ground level of a condo where Art Shoppe used to be)

Last edited by Radiowiz (August 7, 2021 12:56 pm)

RadioWiz & RadioQuiz are NOT the same person. 
RadioWiz & THE Wiz are NOT the same person.

August 7, 2021 2:55 pm  #4

Davester wrote:

Being a guy that loves old commercials (and also wakes up at 2am at night), I stumbled across this cache of commercials from 1975 that was uploaded to Youtube.  
I don't recall The Art Shoppe in Toronto but I guess they just recently closed.

Enjoy your trip back to 1975!

Davester.

https://youtu.be/zgwiC4TT9aM

I have never been in the store,  but I remember the commercials.  They played all the time back then.

August 7, 2021 2:59 pm  #5

The Art Shoppe moved to Kincourt Street near Caledonia and Eglinton West when they left their Yonge Street location. A bit north of Commisso's bakery. Just south of the waste transfer on Ingram Drive.If the breeze is from the north, it's a lovely fragrance for the folks that go to the new location for the first time. Doubt it will be the highlight of their shopping experience. It's been 3 or four years since I've passed by there, so I couldn't  say how busy the place looks lately.

August 7, 2021 5:18 pm  #6

There’s a few goodies in here if you watch from start to finish. There’s a CKCO promo for The Brady Bunch - and I notice they had the same staff announcer in 1975 that they still had in the late 80s.

August 7, 2021 11:29 pm  #7

MJ Vancouver wrote:

There’s a few goodies in here if you watch from start to finish. There’s a CKCO promo for The Brady Bunch - and I notice they had the same staff announcer in 1975 that they still had in the late 80s.

If my ears serve me correctly that was Bob Farrow doing the announcing.  He was actually from CFCA-FM upstairs and was a mainstay on the FM side for years.