sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

July 15, 2021 5:00 pm  #1

Inconsistent volume on CFRB Internet

Is anyone else finding that spots on CFRB have volume levels inconsistent with the main programs? I listen on the internet.

July 16, 2021 3:00 pm  #2

Re: Inconsistent volume on CFRB Internet

Yes been happening for a long time, it's very noticeable on a smart speaker to the point of making it unlistenable. When they had a news department it was even worse as they came in at another level altogether.

July 16, 2021 5:41 pm  #3

bored board jockeys + AWOL station management = C.B.A. message to listeners

C.B.A. one of England's finest acronyms, meaning "couldn't/can't be arsed".. couldn't be bothered to do something

I've noticed the unlevel levels too, so unprofessional 😒🎧

July 18, 2021 4:44 pm  #4

Is this just an internet phenomenon? I hear CFRB in the car, but on such short journeys that I don't notice too many separate spots. I wonder if this is some sort of auto-leveler gone wrong, that no amount of board monitoring can detect. This is from the internet site and not IHeart radio. This problem only adds to my physical juggling when chopping vegetables and riding the gains as the station moves from round table, to traffic, to patched in TV news, then commercials, promos and back to the live hosts. 

July 18, 2021 7:23 pm  #5

Ian wrote:

Is anyone else finding that spots on CFRB have volume levels inconsistent with the main programs? I listen on the internet.

hmmm .. I listen to CFRB most mornings (Moore & Trafford) via the Radio? Sure! app on my desktop.  Volume levels are pretty consistent though the app itself does have a  built-on Volume Level Normalizer.

http://www.radiosure.com/

July 22, 2021 1:12 pm  #6

Yes I've noticed it on quite a few stations too Ian.  On Oakley's show, if you have the volume set to a reasonable level for his voice, the commercial just about blows you across the room!

July 22, 2021 2:47 pm  #7

Citypulse News 15 wrote:

if you have the volume set to a reasonable level for his voice, the commercial just about blows you across the room!

Part of a new interactive, "immersive experience" commercial concept concept maybe?Â