sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

July 16, 2021 12:42 pm  #1

Energy 95.3 To Simulcast Montreal Jock's Show

Likely another cost cutting move by Corus, as there's now one less opening in GTA radio.

Jeremy White to do double-duty on GTA’s Energy 95.3 and Montreal’s The Beat 92.5

July 16, 2021 12:50 pm  #2

Re: Energy 95.3 To Simulcast Montreal Jock's Show

RadioActive wrote:

Likely another cost cutting move by Corus, as there's now one less opening in GTA radio.

Jeremy White to do double-duty on GTA’s Energy 95.3 and Montreal’s The Beat 92.5

The sift was previously tracked out of Kitchener. If anything, they're spending a bit more now.

July 16, 2021 2:30 pm  #3

From the story, he's a freelance contractor, so not technically employed by Cogeco or Corus (Cogeco owns The Beat in Montreal.)    There is likely ZERO to be saved here.. but the ability to bring a better voice/show in.  I would likely say it could cost them more but the payoff could be better.   Also may be able to be sold easier. 

July 16, 2021 2:33 pm  #4

My point was that it's a timeslot that could be given to employ a radio local. However, all the points made here are also good ones, and since I never listen to CING, I suppose it won't affect me all that much in the end. I hope it works for them.