sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

July 12, 2021 3:20 pm  #1

Be Careful What You Ask On Talk Radio

Last week, Mark Twohey was subbing for Jerry Agar on CFRB and ended the final part of the program with this question: Who's the nicest talk show host on radio? The answers from callers included John Moore, Jerry Agar (it was his show after all) Jim Richards and a few others. 

But because the show runs on the Ontario network, Tom McConnell of CKTB was not only mentioned but actually "won" by sheer number of votes.

And then came the final caller of the segment.

"Larry Fedoruk," one man declared without hesitation. "I don't know what happened to him, but he was the best and the nicest. You should bring him back immediately." Twohey was caught unaware by the call and tried to joke with the guy to get him off track. "What about Mark Twohey? he asked, referring to himself. 

"Larry Fedoruk," the caller repeated without hesitation. "He should still be on the radio! Bring him back!"

I'm sure management at CKTB would vastly prefer not to have listeners reminded of old personalities who got fired in the big Bell purge last February. Some who tune in, it would appear, never forgot. Of all the pink slips handed out that week, that, to me, was one of the worst decisions.  

July 12, 2021 7:28 pm  #2

Re: Be Careful What You Ask On Talk Radio

I agree. Bring back Larry. 
Until then, CKTB? What's that? lol

RadioWiz & RadioQuiz are NOT the same person. 
RadioWiz & THE Wiz are NOT the same person.

July 13, 2021 7:53 am  #3

Of course, listeners to Robbie Lane's top 10 @ 10:00 and 11 @ 11:00 didn't participate in this poll as they stayed with AM 740 for Libby Z's own talk show from noon to 1:00.    

July 13, 2021 8:28 am  #4

I guess they're just lucky some caller didn't go off script and say John Oakley or Kelly Cutrara from the competition.