sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

July 10, 2021 1:02 pm  #1

Wayne Harrett Update

Back in the days long before boardhost I had my own little yellow board called the 'Toronto radio pages'.  It attracted some of the first people who saw a fuzzy future for radio on the internet including folks like Weisblott, Scott Simpson, a guy named Marc Cuban who was all about putting radio stations online, and a passionate radio fan from the east coast named Wayne Harrett.    Like almost all of us at the time, Wayne didn't know exactly what he wanted to do, he did know if he could just get inside a radio station he could quickly find out.   He just loved the industry and everything about it, wanted to setup and run his own radio station, but was also interested in all the other areas like sales, marketing, traffic, news, etc.  

He never gave up, got his chance and in 2001 realized his dreams with Seaside FM in Halifax NS.  He's been actively involved in running it ever since.  Giving others with that radio passion the chance and confidence to 'be' in radio.  

Here's his latest Facebook update.

I was born in a hospital with medical issues. Spend most of my life as a patient in hospital for various medical matters and now I’m about to end my time in a hospital with medical issue. Ain’t that kick in the air! Frig cancer! I’m not coming home.

https://www.facebook.com/wharrett

I hope, somehow, this all works out better than the prognosis.  

ig.

Madness takes its toll.  Please have exact change.

July 11, 2021 2:55 pm  #2

Re: Wayne Harrett Update

Sorry to hear about your friend's sad condition Iain. He definitely deserves a better fate. But at least he got to do the thing he wanted most in life. Not everyone can say that they spent their professional lives doing something they love, let alone inspiring others. And I hope there's some small consolation in that.