sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

June 30, 2021 1:31 pm  #1

The New Cosby Show - He's Out Of Jail & Can't Be Retried

In an incredible turn of events, the Pennsylvania Supreme Court has ruled that due to irregularities and broken agreements with the District Attorney in Philly, Bill Cosby's conviction for sex assault has been overturned - and the disgraced comedian is not only being released on Wednesday, but apparently cannot have his case retried. He will be a free man - although certainly one of the biggest TV and comedy stars in the world will never be able to resume his career. 

June 30, 2021 1:41 pm  #2

Re: The New Cosby Show - He's Out Of Jail & Can't Be Retried

I can see him turning up on Fox News, or OAN, or Newsmax.

June 30, 2021 1:42 pm  #3

From the AP: 

Bill Cosby’s sex assault conviction overturned by court

What a stunning turn of events for one of the symbols of the "Me Too" movement and a former mega TV star. 

June 30, 2021 2:27 pm  #4

So does this mean Mr. Cosby will go back to promoting Jello pudding pops?

Last edited by Radiowiz (June 30, 2021 2:28 pm)

RadioWiz & RadioQuiz are NOT the same person. 
RadioWiz & THE Wiz are NOT the same person.

June 30, 2021 2:38 pm  #5

Radiowiz wrote:

So does this mean Mr. Cosby will go back to promoting Jello pudding pops?

As far as I'm concerned, he can suck those pudding pops!

He should have died in jail. 

June 30, 2021 2:43 pm  #6

RadioActive wrote:

Irregularities are exactly what they are. No need to behave like that. 

RadioWiz & RadioQuiz are NOT the same person. 
RadioWiz & THE Wiz are NOT the same person.

June 30, 2021 2:54 pm  #7

Radiowiz wrote:

RadioActive wrote:

My point is the court didn't err - the state did and they deserve what they got. But Cosby is still guilty and doesn't deserve his freedom. His crimes were inexcusable and horrendous. And he knew exactly what he was doing. To get off on what is essentially a technicality - albeit an important one - is a terrible injustice to his many victims. 

June 30, 2021 6:25 pm  #8

RadioActive wrote:

Radiowiz wrote:

RadioActive wrote:

My point is the court didn't err - the state did and they deserve what they got. But Cosby is still guilty and doesn't deserve his freedom. His crimes were inexcusable and horrendous. And he knew exactly what he was doing. To get off on what is essentially a technicality - albeit an important one - is a terrible injustice to his many victims. 

It doesn't make Cosby being released okay, but I was somewhat cheered once I remembered that they're moving Harvey Weinstein to Los Angeles to also face the Cali criminal charges.

I wouldn't be surprised if they bring different charges against Bill Cosby, a la O.J. Simpson.

Now if the major news outlets will just pick up the underreported story about the sexual assaults committed years ago by the Chicago Blackhawks video coach on two players that was covered up and then swept under the rug by NHL management for years, they can flex their journalism muscles and do some good. Newstalk 1010 ...need another breaking news topic?

Last edited by betaylored (June 30, 2021 6:32 pm)

June 30, 2021 6:32 pm  #9

Chrisphen wrote:

I can see him turning up on Fox News, or OAN, or Newsmax.

I was wrong. According to WBEN he'll be on ABC.

June 30, 2021 8:01 pm  #10

https://twitter.com/THR/status/1410383879639236611?s=19

And actor James Franco pays the piper big time regarding his sexual assault case. These days it's like whack-a-mole for skeevy show business people.

Paging Kevin Spacey...

June 30, 2021 10:37 pm  #11

The guy is 83.  How much longer is he going to be around to be flogged by the media?  Not that he doesn't deserve it.  Maybe he should just be left to fade away.  I haven't even thought of Bill Cosby in years.

I don't know.  I'm of two minds here.  His career and work will be forever tainted.  But on the other hand, it's a shame to forget it all and pretend he never existed.  His stand-up (I'm thinking the Noah routine) was brilliant.  I can still listen to it today and separate the comic from the person he was behind the scenes.

Kind of reminds me of Rolf Harris.  Turns out he did some nasty things too, but damn, he was so talented! 
Apparently, in Harris' case there's a renewed interest in his artwork.  The value plummeted after his conviction but lately, the value has seen a sharp rise as people snap up what they can while he's still alive expected the value to skyrocket once he's gone.

June 30, 2021 11:12 pm  #12

betaylored wrote:

RadioActive wrote:

Radiowiz wrote:

It doesn't make Cosby being released okay, but I was somewhat cheered once I remembered that they're moving Harvey Weinstein to Los Angeles to also face the Cali criminal charges.

I wouldn't be surprised if they bring different charges against Bill Cosby, a la O.J. Simpson.

Now if the major news outlets will just pick up the underreported story about the sexual assaults committed years ago by the Chicago Blackhawks video coach on two players that was covered up and then swept under the rug by NHL management for years, they can flex their journalism muscles and do some good. Newstalk 1010 ...need another breaking news topic?

TSN and The Athletic are on it.

July 1, 2021 2:22 pm  #13

July 1, 2021 2:33 pm  #14

Tomas Barlow wrote:

betaylored wrote:

RadioActive wrote:

TSN and The Athletic are on it.

Thanks Tomas Barlow. The team on the Steve Dangle podcast has been talking about it consistently as well.

It's the NHL cover-up that makes it a major story for news outlets across the board, because after Chicago quietly got rid of the video coach, after giving him a good reference, he went on to abuse multiple young men.

Quite possibly if Christie Blatchford was still with us she'd bash off one of her brilliant columns on the story skewering the NHL with her trademark precision.

The stable of writers for The Athletic is terrific and the fact that that exceptional organization had to form is in itself proof that mainstream sports journalism has lost its way.

Last edited by betaylored (July 1, 2021 2:50 pm)