sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

June 27, 2021 9:55 am  #1

NT1010 Going Live For Some Of The July 1st Canada Day Holiday

Canada Day is usually a time when every station is automated, pre-packaged or just generally not interested. (Boom being an exception with their special Canadian countdowns.) The last place I expected to hear any original programming was CFRB, but they're planning to have live staffing for at least one major shift.

Jason Agnew confirmed on Sunday that he will doing a four-hour, live, national broadcast of his Trivia Show between 2 and 6 PM (EST), the first time that program will be heard across the country. 

I'd like to see more of this kind of thing, of course, but it's usually considered much too expensive to bring people in on overtime (and a day off in lieu) for the size of the audience available. In Bell's case, though, it's a good deal - they get a nationwide amount of programming for all their stations for the price of two employees. 

June 30, 2021 12:24 pm  #2

Re: NT1010 Going Live For Some Of The July 1st Canada Day Holiday

Unless I misunderstood him, it sounded like John Moore was in tomorrow as well.  He said something about shortening his long weekend and indicated he would be in for Canada Day.  

June 30, 2021 12:57 pm  #3

RadioActive wrote:

Jason Agnew confirmed on Sunday that he will doing a four-hour, live, national broadcast of his Trivia Show between 2 and 6 PM (EST), the first time that program will be heard across the country. 
I'd like to see more of this kind of thing, of course, but it's usually considered much too expensive to bring people in on overtime (and a day off in lieu) for the size of the audience available. In Bell's case, though, it's a good deal - they get a nationwide amount of programming for all their stations for the price of two employees. 

Bell may have seen potential in splurging on one voice for several stations on Canada day. 
A stronger attention getter than encore presentation content, maybe?  

RadioWiz & RadioQuiz are NOT the same person. 
RadioWiz & THE Wiz are NOT the same person.

June 30, 2021 1:38 pm  #4

paterson1 wrote:

Unless I misunderstood him, it sounded like John Moore was in tomorrow as well.  He said something about shortening his long weekend and indicated he would be in for Canada Day.  

He did, indeed, announce on Wednesday that he will be working July 1st. And that he'll be taking part in a quiz hosted by Agnew on Canadian trivia. Good for NT1010. I like it when radio is live and not Memorex (as they used to say in the old days.)

I wonder what 640's plans are? I'm guessing rerolls, but we'll see. 

July 1, 2021 9:17 am  #5

Not sure what happened, but Moore was a canned special of - at least - original interviews on Canada Day. He definitely said he'd be live. No idea why he wasn't. 640 was also airing reruns. 

July 1, 2021 9:41 am  #6

paterson1 wrote:

i thought John said, unlike many others, he's NOT making it a long, long weekend & is NOT taking the Friday off & will be in to do his Friday show along w/ Robert Turner.

John did say he was participating on a Jason Agnew "Canada Day" quiz .. not sure if that's to be live or taped.

July 1, 2021 11:21 am  #7

g121 wrote:

paterson1 wrote:

i thought John said, unlike many others, he's NOT making it a long, long weekend & is NOT taking the Friday off & will be in to do his Friday show along w/ Robert Turner.

John did say he was participating on a Jason Agnew "Canada Day" quiz .. not sure if that's to be live or taped.

Good ears g121, that is what John said.