sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

June 29, 2021 4:31 pm  #1

ESPN Steals TSN1050 & Sportsnet Talent For U.S. Hockey Coverage

"For Ray Ferraro, his ESPN gig meant something had to change. He’ll continue with TSN’s coverage of the Maple Leafs on TV, and with TSN’s coverage of the world junior championship, but his radio duties will be drastically reduced.

And that’s a loss for Overdrive — a sports talk show with host Bryan Hayes, ex-goalie Jamie McLennan and ex-Leaf Jeff O’Neill. Ferraro’s daily appearances in the 5 p.m. hour were as close to must-listen as local radio has ever had."

Ray Ferraro, Cassie Campbell-Pascall earn big roles in ESPN’s hockey coverage

June 30, 2021 6:31 am  #2

Re: ESPN Steals TSN1050 & Sportsnet Talent For U.S. Hockey Coverage

Happy that Ray's got a new gig, he's one of the best hockey analysts out there. Gutted that he won't be doing the hits with TSN in Toronto and Montreal (I think he did Vancouver too).

OverDrive won't be the same without him, the way he'd beak Hayes and his insights on the game were appointment radio.

There's the Ray and Dregs podcast he does with Darren Draeger (sp?) and I'm sure he'll shine on ESPN.. it'll be interesting to see if Mark Messier can do more than sell potato chips.

October 12, 2021 9:51 pm  #3

Ray Ferraro is on colour commentary for ESPN's game 1 coverage of the NHL regular season. You don't see Sportsnet simulcast ESPN very often, but it seems it will be happening around 20 times a year for the next 7 years. So far so good, although I'm sure most of the behind-the-scenes crew is probably former NBC folk anyways. 

October 13, 2021 4:15 am  #4

Floating drone camera angle 👎😒