sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

June 10, 2021 10:52 am  #1

CTV Fall Schedule Announced

CTV/Bell Media announced their fall schedule today.  A few new shows but overall staying with many which are returning.  CTV says they have been Canada's most popular television network for 20 years.
https://www.bellmedia.ca/the-lede/press/ctv-unveils-2021-fall-primetime-schedule-featuring-standout-new-series-combined-with-the-strength-of-returning-hits/

June 10, 2021 12:27 pm  #2

Re: CTV Fall Schedule Announced

paterson1 wrote:

CTV/Bell Media announced their fall schedule today.  A few new shows but overall staying with many which are returning.  CTV says they have been Canada's most popular television network for 20 years.
https://www.bellmedia.ca/the-lede/press/ctv-unveils-2021-fall-primetime-schedule-featuring-standout-new-series-combined-with-the-strength-of-returning-hits/

That sounds about right for CTV, they were dominant in Canada throughout the 2000s - they had CSI and other top American shows of the time. They really struggled in the 90s as Global had a lot of the top shows of that era such as Seinfeld and Frasier.

July 7, 2021 1:43 am  #3

They haven't bothered to release a schedule for CTV2. It was never much to talk about, but still. All I've been able to find is US Football simulcasts on Thursdays and Sundays on CTV2.

Since I'm boring, I've compared all schedules from US to Canada, and several shows don't seem to have been picked up in Canada. Now to start, The Voice and The Goldbergs are not on any Canadian schedule. However, both have been on CTV2 in the past.

The entire FOX Sunday night animation lineup is not airing on Canadian channels. That's been a Global mainstay for a while, but was not picked up. I thought maybe CHCH would get in on that, but their schedule is not overly appealing. Outside of 20/20 and Dateline, no current shows on CHCH. Lots of movies, but their schedule has also been very fluid the last few years, and shows come and go.

48 Hours and A Million Little Things also don't appear on any of the major networks schedules in Canada. CHCH picked up the Saturday Dateline Mystery, but not the Friday night Dateline show.

So in the end, there were not many shows available for CTV2 to have fill a schedule, so perhaps that's why no schedule has been revealed. Will probably be a lot of reruns, similar to CHCH.

Last edited by Brad (July 7, 2021 1:44 am)

July 7, 2021 2:12 am  #4

Brad wrote:

The entire FOX Sunday night animation lineup is not airing on Canadian channels. That's been a Global mainstay for a while,

The Canadian rights went to City TV but City may not have picked up all the rights. 
ie Simpsons went to City TV, to name one biggie, but I'm not sure about the rest...

RadioWiz & RadioQuiz are NOT the same person. 
RadioWiz & THE Wiz are NOT the same person.