sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

June 9, 2021 8:09 pm  #1

National TV Game Show Museum Will Be In Rochester, N.Y.

It's not there yet but it will be soon after the border reopens - the world's first and likely only museum dedicated to TV Game Shows. No word yet on exactly what will be on display - or even if you can participate as a mock contestant. But it will be at least a day trip or so from Toronto once you can get back into the States.

The Strong Museum, the world's only "museum of play," is located in Rochester, N.Y. and is putting the future feature together. This is the same place that houses the Toy Museum, The Video Game Hall of Fame and other pop culture displays. I know there are a few game show aficionados that frequent the board, so they may want to be a Day Tripper and see what's on offer once they get it up and running.

And who knows - if you do well there, you may be able to come back and play again tomorrow!

Game Show History to Be Preserved With National Archives at Strong National Museum of Play

A Brief History of Game Shows

June 9, 2021 8:34 pm  #2

Re: National TV Game Show Museum Will Be In Rochester, N.Y.

We've been members of the Strong for years! It's such a neat place. 

C'mon down and visit once you can!

June 9, 2021 8:46 pm  #3

I'd never heard of the place before this story. It looks like a terrific place to go, especially if you have kids. Very interactive if I read the site right. I'd like to see it someday. (Or given their newest exhibit, should I say I hope to Come On Down?)

June 9, 2021 9:14 pm  #4

I always enjoyed watching The Price is Right back in the day, and now the shows/clips on You Tube...

Johnny Olson was an amazing announcer (he also did the audience warm-ups for a lot of the G-T game shows). The man was a real pro, and had such amazing control of his voice. He voiced his copy live, and with a just a dynamic microphone on a goose neck at his announcer podium. No windscreen, no pop filter, no isolation screens...  just a commanding voice.

Always enjoyed shows voiced by Johnny O. 

June 9, 2021 9:41 pm  #5

If you have a U.S. VPN, you can hear Jonny Olson 24 hours a day.

Pluto TV runs a non-stop stream of The Price is Right from the "Bob Barker era." Given how long he was on, you shouldn't see the same episode twice for years. 

June 9, 2021 10:05 pm  #6

How to get there? Not with a Ferry:  https://rocwiki.org/Fast_Ferry

RadioWiz & RadioQuiz are NOT the same person. 
RadioWiz & THE Wiz are NOT the same person.