sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

May 3, 2016 9:32 am  #1

Tarzan Dan is back on the air in Toronto...

Of all stations to do fill in work on, lol
Tarzan Dan can now be found on AM 740... 
(cut and pasted from his Twitter page)

Back in #Toronto @zoomerradio AM740/FM 96.7 filling Norm's 1-6p til May17 (his full body wax will take that long?)

Last edited by Radiowiz (May 3, 2016 9:34 am)

RadioWiz & RadioQuiz are NOT the same person. 
RadioWiz & THE Wiz are NOT the same person.

May 14, 2016 1:01 pm  #2

Re: Tarzan Dan is back on the air in Toronto...

Seniors are famously un-receptive to change.    Wondering whether Mr. Hedley has had 2nd thoughts about whether this was a good idea, rather than going with a familiar voice such as that of Brian Peroff.    Does Norm Edwards return Tuesday or Wednesday?

May 14, 2016 1:57 pm  #3

I had never heard Tarzan Dan until last week. My first exposure was his near 45 minute live interview with 83 year old Frankie Valli from his home  in California...

Certainly a little higher energy and not quite as folksy as Norm...but that's o.k.

He got Frankie to laugh a few times too...so that's a plus...

May 15, 2016 3:25 pm  #4

unclefester wrote:

I had never heard Tarzan Dan

Neither had I, however Grilled.Cheese became quite aroused by this man's AM-740 appearances.  When I posted the question yesterday noon the counter stood at 700 and has now passed 1,000.    Don't know what to make of that, do you, Festie?

May 15, 2016 7:03 pm  #5

Kilgore wrote:

Seniors are famously un-receptive to change.    Wondering whether Mr. Hedley has had 2nd thoughts about whether this was a good idea, rather than going with a familiar voice such as that of Brian Peroff.    Does Norm Edwards return Tuesday or Wednesday?

I assume they need a guy to fill in on shifts now and then. Always good to have a good "bullpen", so to speak in radio and Tarzan is a good one and well known to Toronto audiences from his CFTR, CISS-FM and CHUM days.

"Life without echo is really no life at all." - Dan Ingram

May 15, 2016 7:43 pm  #6

Kilgore wrote:

I haven't "had 2nd thoughts about whether this was a good idea".  Because I never thought it was a good idea.  I thought it was a great idea.  

Not surprisingly, Dale is absolutely right - it's like trying to build "a good bullpen" and finding out that Mariano Rivera can still throw a 92 mph slider for strikes, and would love to come throw the occasional inning for your team. Can't imagine a programmer worth their salt turning down an opportunity like that.

The thing is, Kilgore, your opening sentence above is incredibly relevant for what Zoomer Radio was until two summers ago; since then, most online comments about us appear to be from people who obviously haven't listened in a very, very long time.

May 16, 2016 5:58 am  #7

Neil Hedley wrote:

Kilgore, your opening sentence above is incredibly relevant for what Zoomer Radio was until two summers ago; since then, most online comments about us appear to be from people who obviously haven't listened in a very, very long time.

Are they dead or did they open their crankless Magic Window and discover something else?

May 18, 2016 11:31 am  #8

Tarzan Dan is a radio pro...and a great communicator.  I listened as often as possible while he filled in.  And if AM740 management place him somewhere else in future, I'll listen there as well.  

Plus, Dan is a AWESOME photographer.  Nothing to do with radio but he is simply a highly talented man in several areas.  

May 18, 2016 2:49 pm  #9

Doug. coming from you that means a great deal.  And I know it will to Dan as well.

July 9, 2016 1:25 pm  #10

Is moving Jane Brown from the newsdesk to become Tarzan Dan's sidekick still under consideration?

July 9, 2016 11:17 pm  #11

Kilgore wrote:

What If  Jane Brown becomes Tarzan Dan's sidekick  ??

Perhaps Frank D'Angelo and Ben Johnson will be signed  up to promote their energy drink Cheetah...