sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

June 2, 2021 8:25 am  #1

CHUM's "Evolution Of Rock" Parts 1-5 Turn Up On YouTube

I wasn't aware this has been online since 2018, but I accidentally stumbled on it Wednesday morning. The Evolution Of Rock was a monumental undertaking by CHUM, with Doug Thompson leading the way. It's an amazing production, and still stands the test of time, although this isn't all of it. If you've never heard it, it's quite a phenomenal undertaking.

June 2, 2021 8:28 pm  #2

Re: CHUM's "Evolution Of Rock" Parts 1-5 Turn Up On YouTube

Well written and produced in house productions like this set CHUM apart from all other top 40 stations.  One of the reasons that CHUM was one of the best top 40 stations anywhere.  

June 2, 2021 10:37 pm  #3

I actually had nothing to do with "The Evolution of Rock".  I had left CHUM by thent and had my own production company, That Commercial Place.  My writing partner, Bill McDonald, did write it as a freelance assignment.  The CHUM producers were Warren Cosford, Bob McMillian and the late Zeke Zdebiak.  Warren and I produced CHUM's "The Story of The Beatles" in 1970 and he and I co-produced several specials after that, but "The Evolution of Rock" was their baby...and what a baby it was.

June 3, 2021 12:13 am  #4

Thanks for correcting the record. When I hear excellence like that, I always think of your work!