sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

May 14, 2021 3:25 pm  #1

How Much Jay Michaels Is Too Much Jay Michaels On The Radio?

We'll find out the answer to that question next week, when the former "Mad Dog" Michaels hosts not only his regular gig on CFRB but also sits in with Marilyn Denis on the CHUM-FM morning show. I know he used to be a rock jock in his earlier days, but I have to admit I never heard him. I might tune in out of curiosity to see how he does - although to be honest, I've never been a fan of the afternoon drive team on NT1010 and 104.5 isn't one of my usual radio destinations. 

Either way, he's going to have a loooong week.

May 14, 2021 5:14 pm  #2

Re: How Much Jay Michaels Is Too Much Jay Michaels On The Radio?

Wasn't he on 999 for a long time? Maddog and Billie?

May 14, 2021 5:21 pm  #3

According to this Global article from a few years ago, he was on Kiss 92.5 from 1999 to 2003, then over to CHFI for a few more years. He wound up on 99.9 with Billie from 2006-2015, when he was let go. Not sure when he started at RB, but I have to give him credit - he's never out of work for long. 

May 15, 2021 7:51 pm  #4

RadioActive wrote:

According to this Global article from a few years ago, he was on Kiss 92.5 from 1999 to 2003, then over to CHFI for a few more years. He wound up on 99.9 with Billie from 2006-2015, when he was let go. Not sure when he started at RB, but I have to give him credit - he's never out of work for long. 

Exactly. He used to be on Kiss 92 as Mad Dog & Jay in the morning, then Jay left and Billie took over as
Mad Dog & Billie in the morning.
I have no idea where you get Rock Jock from.  I don't think he was ever on the Hog. Kiss 92 was a hit music station in it's first launch, then it went rhythmic before Jack came along.

RadioWiz & RadioQuiz are NOT the same person. 
RadioWiz & THE Wiz are NOT the same person.