sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

April 26, 2021 11:05 pm  #1

Mark Elliott (The Voice Over Artist) Passed Away

I know the at the outset of 2019, we lost our own Mark Elliot of “People Helping People” fame.  However, on April 3rd, we also lost the Disney Voice Artist who shared the same on air name.  I first heard him hosting the Weekly  Top 30 syndicated show in 1981, which was succeeded by Weekly Music Magazine with Charlie Van Dyke the following year.

I know Mark also filled in for an assortment of AT 40 episodes.  I just wanted to see him get a mention here, as his voice was heard in Southern Ontario on CKOC in 1981 (on the show mentioned above), and on Disney movie trailers.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/mark-elliott-iconic-voice-of-disney-movie-trailers-dies-at-81

Cheers,
Jody Thornton

April 27, 2021 8:20 am  #2

Re: Mark Elliott (The Voice Over Artist) Passed Away

I worked with Mark at CKLW. Good guy. Real pro. He was Ed Mitchell at the Big 8. Pretty sure he was
hired by Ted Atkins. He did afternoon drive with us, before moving to KFRC, then KHJ, as RKO was
forced to divest.

April 27, 2021 9:31 am  #3

Re: Mark Elliott (The Voice Over Artist) Passed Away

mike marshall wrote:

I worked with Mark at CKLW. Good guy. Real pro. He was Ed Mitchell at the Big 8. Pretty sure he was hired by Ted Atkins. He did afternoon drive with us, before moving to KFRC, then KHJ, as RKO was
forced to divest.

Here he is from The Big 8 counting down the Top 100 of 1968, from Dale Patterson's Rockradioscrapbook.ca.

Ed Mitchell on CKLW