sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

April 26, 2021 12:09 am  #1

Just Finished My Numeris Online Radio Survey

For the past 7 days my wife &  I took part in the Numeris radio survey.

Second time in my life I've completed such a ballot.

First time was probably 40 years ago for BBM

Looking at the notes I took each day on my/our listening habits I discovered I'm all over the map (& border) from very early in the morning off and on from about 5 a.m. 'til about midnight daily

Anyway it was an interesting experience with this Covid-19 lifestyle.

I was & am happy to give my support for my favourite radio folks

Last edited by unclefester (April 26, 2021 12:11 am)

April 26, 2021 12:34 am  #2

Re: Just Finished My Numeris Online Radio Survey

A while ago one of the survey outfits called me and asked if I would be willing to participate. I indicated I would. She said first she would need to get from me some general information, gender, age, income etc. As soon as she got to my age she told me they weren't really interested in hearing from people in my age group.

I seemed odd. We are the demographic that usually has our mortgage paid off, our kids through school, some discretionary spending we can do and time on our hands to do it.

I would have thought the advertisers would want to reach us.

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

April 26, 2021 1:10 am  #3

Re: Just Finished My Numeris Online Radio Survey

They take a representative sample of the population, so they must’ve had enough people in your age, gender and income bracket already.  They’re usually desperate to get young people because they don’t typically agree to do the survey and even when they do agree to take part, almost none of them fill it out and send it in.

Last edited by Prod Guy (April 26, 2021 1:12 am)