sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

April 17, 2021 5:14 pm  #31

Re: Have you had the Covid vaccine?

paterson1 wrote:

betaylored wrote:

Media Observer wrote:

I'll tale the puns anytime, RA.  

totally agree, during difficult times it's best to keep a stiff upper quip

Wasn't always a fan of puns...but I have to admit, they are starting to groan on me...

April 17, 2021 7:15 pm  #32

So just a little tip for those who are waiting for their shot.  If you are over 60, show up at a local Shoppers or other drug store that is giving the vaccine.   Most that I have heard of have openings that are not being filled.  Don't call and ask, show up.   I did and got the shot within 45 minutes.    They won't tell you about the openings over the phone, but in person, there is a good chance you will vaccinated.    Did not hear this from me.

April 17, 2021 8:06 pm  #33

I got AZ at 11 am this morning at the Collingwood drive thru vaccine clinic . At 8.05 pm I am experiancing a mild headache and some numbness in my lips and tongue. This has been the case since I got the jab. 

April 17, 2021 9:43 pm  #34

paterson1 wrote:

betaylored wrote:

Media Observer wrote:

Wasn't always a fan of puns...but I have to admit, they are starting to groan on me...

With apologies to Lorne, the admin over at the Oldies Music Board (from which this is pilfered), if you want to talk great puns, they probably don't get much better than this:

April 18, 2021 8:25 pm  #35

Newstalk 1010 host Jim Richards tweeted today that he has received his first shot at one of the larger pharmacies in his neighbourhood ( which I believe is leslieville? )

Jim said the pharmacist told him that "I was the only person there to get vaccinated in two hours."

Hats off to Jim and everyone who works in radio for keeping the conversation moving forward, and letting their listeners and Twitter followers know what's going on, and where there are available vaccine openings. The advice given by wise big yellow board members to just walk in and inquire seems to be "shot on". 🤞💉

Sidebar: Jim Richards has quite the Twitter chops and a cool main page...

Last edited by betaylored (April 18, 2021 8:30 pm)

April 19, 2021 12:40 am  #36

Got mine two weeks ago. Removed the patch from my arm tonight.

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

April 19, 2021 1:19 am  #37

on a related note, one of our extended family members (second cousin, living near allen road's 401 exit) and his wife came down with the "new" version of the virus last week. he's isolating at home and his wife passed away, in hospital, sat. morning (he didn't get to say goodbye).
meanwhile, i saw a few of my neighbors chatting with other neighbors (and their kids), today with no masks and less than 6 feet apart. people have to start realizing "this ain't a joke.... it's real... and it will just keep spreading if we all get "comfortable".
oh yeah, I forgot to mention. our grandson's second grade class had a student testing positive a week ago (here in whitby). our grandson lives with us so needless to say we were left wondering and worrying... until we all received the "all clear".
...and so it goes.

Last edited by the original hank (April 19, 2021 1:19 am)

April 19, 2021 7:04 am  #38

Condolences to your family. It probably doesn't help to know you're not alone in experiencing this tragedy. More vaccine and more due diligence are the answers. We hope you guys will be OK. I still don't like the four month delay between shots, however. Seems politically motivated and not what doctors or the manufacturers suggest.

April 19, 2021 11:44 am  #39

betaylored wrote:

Newstalk 1010 host Jim Richards tweeted today that he has received his first shot at one of the larger pharmacies in his neighbourhood ( which I believe is leslieville? )

Jim said the pharmacist told him that "I was the only person there to get vaccinated in two hours."

Hats off to Jim and everyone who works in radio for keeping the conversation moving forward, and letting their listeners and Twitter followers know what's going on, and where there are available vaccine openings. The advice given by wise big yellow board members to just walk in and inquire seems to be "shot on". 🤞💉

Sidebar: Jim Richards has quite the Twitter chops and a cool main page...

Ontario is reporting 86,565 new vaccinations yesterday
https://nationalpost.com/pmn/news-pmn/canada-news-pmn/a-look-at-covid-19-vaccinations-in-canada-on-apr-19-2021

April 20, 2021 2:52 am  #40

paterson1 wrote:

betaylored wrote:

Media Observer wrote:

puns are like Lays 😌🙃🙂

June 30, 2021 5:15 pm  #41

I had the second shot earlier today and I am trying to stay positive and tell myself I won't get sick again. It seems to be playing out the same way. I am very tired right now. So by 10pm I bet I will be freezing and around 3am I will have a fever and then three days of aching and fatigue. 

Could be a long night. 

Happy Canada Day. 

Last edited by cash (June 30, 2021 5:16 pm)

July 1, 2021 8:07 pm  #42

the good news is that dose two did not make me sick as dose one. just a little tired all day. i am glad to be done with it. 

July 1, 2021 8:24 pm  #43

Had my #2 on Tuesday. I had the same reaction. Was actually expecting worse! Relieved it's over. 

July 2, 2021 7:32 am  #44

AZ on April 17, Moderna  June 25. mild reaction both times but did not keep me from working. I suspect this will be a yearly endeavor from this point. 

July 7, 2021 7:25 pm  #45

RadioActive wrote:

paterson1 wrote:

betaylored wrote:

With apologies to Lorne, the admin over at the Oldies Music Board (from which this is pilfered), if you want to talk great puns, they probably don't get much better than this:

Don't know how I missed reading these paterson1 and RA, terrific, really really good/awful..
The best and also worst pun I've ever come across was the old chestnut " two maggots were fighting in dead Ernest "

I popped on this thread to mention that since the second jab, I feel calmer and more relaxed, like the other shoe has dropped.... anyone else noticing positive/negative psychological effects after getting the second shot of vaccine?

Last edited by betaylored (July 7, 2021 9:23 pm)