sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

April 5, 2021 7:33 pm  #1

The Things You Never Knew About Some CFTO News People

I recently stumbled on some personality profile pages on the CTV Toronto News site. They contained a few surprise revelations about people you see every day. Here are just some of them to remember the next time they turn up on your TV screen.

-Ashley Johnson interned at CNN.

-Colin D’Mello was born in Kuwait and lived there until 1998.

-Beth Macdonnell once worked at a radio station in Ghana.

-Janice Golding holds a brown belt in taekwondo.

-Anchor Michelle Dube was born in Anaheim, California.

-Andrea Case was born in England.

April 5, 2021 8:16 pm  #2

Re: The Things You Never Knew About Some CFTO News People

Whatever happened  to Gail Smith? I seem to remember hearing some interesting behind the scene  stories  about  her. Can't recall any at the moment , but I do remember she left CFTO on less than  good  terms .

April 5, 2021 9:48 pm  #3

You can always ask her yourself on Twitter:
https://mobile.twitter.com/gailsmithtor

I checked her twitter today to see if she would post anything about Tom Gibney's passing, but it appears she hasn't posted anything since last year.  She used to tweet and retweet by the bucketload every few days and then suddenly silence. Hopefully she did not get hit by COVID or anything serious.

April 6, 2021 12:40 am  #4

- Pat Foran loves a good Chicken Alfredo.

April 6, 2021 9:29 am  #5

Thanks TomTV. That is something that should have occurred to me. I don't have (or want) a twitter account, but I could have gone in through the side door, so to speak. When I go to the GTA Update, I could type in her name when I check out another twitter account. I often look at Dave Agar's feed, as he has some interesting links to other stories. I'm thinking more of what Gail Smith was up to in the years between her departure from CFTO, until the times that social media came into being. She just seemed to vanish from the public eye after having such a high profile job on a news program that had such high ratings.