sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

April 2, 2021 9:26 am  #1

640 Makes It A Good Friday

It may be a Good Friday with nothing much on the radio, but at least GNR640 has made it a good Friday. While competitor CFRB is on an all-day reroll, 640 actually had live programming on, starting at 8 AM. Peter Shurman, Jason Chapman and a producer were all presumably earning overtime by working the stat, but it was refreshing to hear someone live, talking mostly about the shutdown and the pandemic. 

They took phone calls and didn't seem to have a shortage of those, so someone besides me was listening. It may not make a lot of financial sense given the audience available and I don't expect it to last the entire day, of course, but it was nice to hear someone doing live broadcasting on a day when everyone else was on vacation. I was impressed by the effort. And more importantly, I stayed tuned for a while. 

April 2, 2021 10:14 am  #2

Re: 640 Makes It A Good Friday

It was over by 10 AM, but hey, at least they made the effort!

April 2, 2021 10:35 am  #3

Jazz FM is live today so far...for a little station that is member supported, they do a lot with a little!

The world would be so good if it weren't for some people...

April 2, 2021 7:31 pm  #4

The three amigos on OverDrive, TSN1050 did their regular live show from 4-7 today. Sports radio really saves the day sometimes.