sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

March 18, 2021 7:29 am  #1

Cam Woolley Retiring From CP24 In April

Cam Woolley, the former O.P.P officer-turned-reporter is calling it quits next month after 13 years on CP24. I remember the news director of City TV once tried to hire him, but he wasn't ready to leave the force back then. When he did, he found a home at 24.

You may remember that Woolley ran into trouble with the brass over his colorful traffic blitz hits while still in uniform. His famous phrase about 'Fred Flintstone' cars (with the bottom panel near the accelerator rotted away) was always a highlight.

He also has a side business collecting vintage police and ambulance vehicles, which are rented out to movie companies.

March 18, 2021 8:19 am  #2

Re: Cam Woolley Retiring From CP24 In April

They've now posted his retirement announcement on CP24.com.

March 18, 2021 4:47 pm  #3

grilled.cheese wrote:

The above image is courtesy of The BIll Parnaby Real Estate Team in Caledon; It's possible Bill Parnaby shares a relation to one Taylor "Hap" Parnaby, who is also a Caledon resident and share a resemblance and last name.

Bill is Hap Parnaby's son. One of three I believe.

March 18, 2021 6:59 pm  #4

Used to have him on my Guys Garage Saturday afternoon radio show on MOJO 640 for years when he was a cop during every long weekend OPP blitz....we jokingly called him the media whore cause he loved being on TV and radio so much...didn't surprise me when he landed the reporter gig post-cop retirement...he also had a great side gig renting out movie cop cars, ambulances, etc...good guy...