sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

February 17, 2021 9:04 pm  #1

Fan 590 Dumps Its Program Director

Turns out it's not just Bell that's firing people from major positions. Rogers has parted ways with its PD at the Fan in Toronto. Dave Cadeau had been at the station since 2015.

Dave Cadeau Out At Rogers Sportsnet Fan 590

February 18, 2021 4:42 am  #2

Re: Fan 590 Dumps Its Program Director

Is this a ratings issue? Or an ability to hire cheaper issue? 

RadioWiz & RadioQuiz are NOT the same person. 
RadioWiz & THE Wiz are NOT the same person.

February 18, 2021 12:52 pm  #3

Believe it was a competence issue. Have you seen their ratings?

February 18, 2021 3:51 pm  #4

Wonder if they will bring the "Bobcat" back in some capacity? Mind you with lagging ratings, this year has hardly been a banner year for sports of any kind.

Uncertainty fills the air and I sense some of the big money signings kind of infuriates the common fan and makes one question (me included) as with all the challenges we face right now around the world is a baseball player worth paying a star player $340 million over 14years? 

Sports is a great diversion, but sometimes it can be a bit obscene in it's nature too...

I think with listening habits changing, 

Not so many of us driving/commuting and listening in the car

The disruption of sports this year

The uncertainty of the business this year

That the PD picked a challenging time to be the PD.

The world would be so good if it weren't for some people...

February 19, 2021 12:25 pm  #5

TSN 1050's morning show, Leafs Lunch, and afternoon drive show are far superior to anything 590 has aired in the last couple of years, with the exception of Hockey Central.

Rogers Fanned on their shot at owning Toronto sports radio.

Last edited by betaylored (February 19, 2021 12:28 pm)

February 19, 2021 1:16 pm  #6

So let me get this straight.   Rogers in a cost cutting move gasses Bob Mcown, who owned afternoon drive, replaced him with the completely unlistenable Jeff Blair who somehow manages to be boring, long winded and pompous all at the same time.   
Blow out Mike Wilner who I quite enjoyed in his Blue Jays role on the station.   Informative, and entertaining.
They add the Smith and Jones duo in early afternoon, awful.
Tim and Sid,  I cannot get to the car radio button fast enough when they start at 5 pm.
Then when ratings go into free fall they blow out the PD.
I do not know Dave Cadeau, but he certainly deserves better that this.   Wish him luck.