sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

February 10, 2021 1:58 pm  #2

Re: Rush Limbaugh is ailing. And so is the conservative talk-radio

Maybe Jerry Agar should apply for Rush's job.  Agar was full of anger and resentment this morning talking about the COVID closings.  He seems to think that Canada is more or less a dictatorship since stores in Toronto won't be opening for a few more weeks.  Interesting this morning he had some people call that were likely listening on CKTB.  It sounded like a few from St. Catherines weren't exactly fans of Mr. Agar or at least hadn't really figured him out yet. 

Couple of questions, why does he always get so mad when someone doesn't agree with him or question his "facts"?  He always gets so defensive and often belittles the caller.  And why do so many of his calls mysteriously get cut off or leave suddenly.  I don't know how many times I have listened to him say..."oh I guess we have lost so and so.."  Seems to happen on his show a lot more than other hosts.
Just sayin'... 

February 10, 2021 5:06 pm  #3

grilled.cheese wrote:

I change the station, except in my car because I am confused by all the buttons.

To which Dave Redinger, rotund host of Dave's Corner Garage on AM-740 Saturdays at 10:00 a.m. would respond "R T F M " 

February 10, 2021 5:37 pm  #4

There's a mad rush of degenerates positioning themselves to fill the void Rush will be leaving. Think Game of Thrones as performed by sewer rats.

Agar's not in that class despite his Teabag proclivities.

February 10, 2021 6:34 pm  #5

I prefer assertive hosts. That's why I listen to Mr Agar.

Perhaps you have overlooked it but there is available to you an entire national  network of radio programming designed to suit your tastes. It is a safe space where the show hosts are always friendly, welcoming and never angry. You will find this happiness in Toronto on the FM frequency, 99.1 MHz. Se servir.

February 10, 2021 8:01 pm  #6

paterson1 wrote:

Maybe Jerry Agar should apply for Rush's job.  Agar was full of anger and resentment this morning talking about the COVID closings.  He seems to think that Canada is more or less a dictatorship since stores in Toronto won't be opening for a few more weeks.  Interesting this morning he had some people call that were likely listening on CKTB.  It sounded like a few from St. Catherines weren't exactly fans of Mr. Agar or at least hadn't really figured him out yet. 

Couple of questions, why does he always get so mad when someone doesn't agree with him or question his "facts"?  He always gets so defensive and often belittles the caller.  And why do so many of his calls mysteriously get cut off or leave suddenly.  I don't know how many times I have listened to him say..."oh I guess we have lost so and so.."  Seems to happen on his show a lot more than other hosts.
Just sayin'... 

re: " ..  why does he (Agar) always get so mad when someone doesn't agree with him or question his "facts"?  He always gets so defensive and often belittles the caller. 

Standard Agar mode of operation .. insult, interrupt, shout .. he thinks the "biggest mouth" wins.

re: And why do so many of his calls mysteriously get cut off or leave suddenly.  I don't know how many times I have listened to him say..."oh I guess we have lost so and so.."

Another standard Agar trick so he gets "the last word". 

67GreenRambler wrote:

I prefer assertive hosts. That's why I listen to Mr Agar.

"Assertive"?  I call it rude & boorish.  When Jerry's show comes on, I'm out.   I suffer him when he's on Moore's round tables.  As has been mentioned previously, why would anyone take heed of Jerry's views when Jerry can't even understand why vacationing in Texas & Florida during a pandemic is selfish,  irresponsible & stupid. 

February 10, 2021 9:13 pm  #7

Chrisphen wrote:

Agar's not in that class despite his Teabag proclivities.

I should elaborate on this statement. It isn't that he is in some way more virtuous than the Limbaugh-level talkers; he's just a few shelves lower. Less essence and stamina.

Perhaps a more apt (and local-angled) comparison: Agar is to the most temporary Rush fill-in as Giorgio Mammoliti is to Rob Ford.