sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

February 8, 2021 12:03 am  #1

Not a Great Game But A Great Half Time Show To Remember

Not the most exciting Super Bowl. It's really not the same without a full stadium of screaming fans. Great to see Tom get another ring, but sort of a snore one sided game.   However the Weeknd delivered a half time show for the ages.  I watched it twice and thought it was fantastic. Awesome sound, camerawork, music and staging.  I didn't know this but the performers for the Super Bowl Half Time don't get paid.  The NFL normally pays for all the costs for the production. However the Weeknd (Abel Tesfaye) also kicked in $7 million, because of extra costs for the production.  This is the first time any performer has contributed.   His already huge streaming and record sales are all set to take off again after the world wide exposure tonight.  

February 8, 2021 4:04 pm  #2

Re: Not a Great Game But A Great Half Time Show To Remember

He should have saved his money. 

February 8, 2021 5:27 pm  #3

There was a review of a GTR album that simply read, " SHT." Seems appropriate here as well.

February 8, 2021 5:35 pm  #4

Off topic, but my all time favourite review ever was for a movie in Variety. It was "Jaws 3D" and was comprised of only two words:

"Lacks Depth."

Just about says it all!

February 8, 2021 7:47 pm  #5

The Weeknd will also be the musical guest tonight/this morning on James Corden's program. Hope they show the funny Can James Save the Weeknd's Half Time Show.  It is pretty good. 

February 9, 2021 12:20 am  #6

another patriots win!!!