sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

February 3, 2021 4:41 pm  #1

Barb and Jim

Barb and Jim have both been removed from the Newstalk 1010 website. I actually listened to them when I could. 

Good luck to them.

never worked ever, in radio

February 3, 2021 5:34 pm  #2

Re: Barb and Jim

I just saw Barb's good-bye tweet, saw Hayley Cooper's today too, this is getting worse than I initially thought it would be. Which Jim, hopefully not Jim Richards.

At this rate it's going to be "Who's Left" 😔

I feel badly for the few remaining. Survivors guilt and having to go on-air like it's just another broadcast day.

Toronto Mike and Humble and Fred might be able to have a couple of the former radio personalities on their shows... not that any deep dark secrets would come out, it'd be more like talk therapy I guess, and they could let listeners know if they have any upcoming plans...

Voiceover work is always a strong possibility.

Last edited by betaylored (February 3, 2021 5:40 pm)

February 3, 2021 6:00 pm  #3

Yes.  Jim Richards.  A great talent.

February 3, 2021 6:24 pm  #4

grilled.cheese wrote:

Jim as in Richards as in the Richmond Hill Ontario Richards?

Yeah, actually Leslieville as of a few years ago.  He posts on a local FB group.  He will be missed.  Hopefully, he pops up somewhere soon.

- Not an industry person.  Just a guy with a love of Toronto radio. 

February 3, 2021 11:30 pm  #5

Unsubstantiated rumors that Jim Richards may soon surface (and thus wasn't on any "compiled"/formal list of names to be let go - his 1010 show was just gone) in some sort of late-night radio capacity. Perhaps Bell's late-night radio attempt/answer at their "network" level to program directly against Corus's "The Shift"? Richards got some of his earlier talk radio experience doing "The Nightside" in an incarnation or two, back in the day.

February 4, 2021 2:13 am  #6

i remember when jim was the new guy at 'rb. i don't know him... but i do know his brother (who, by the way, is a priest).