sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 21, 2021 7:08 pm  #1

Sid of Tim and Sid fame is leaving for Breakfast Television

This just broke, but Sid is heading to mornings as a co-host on BT onb City TV...no replacement has been named on the Tim and Sid show yet...

Here is more on the story...and announcement

https://toronto.citynews.ca/2021/01/21/sid-seixeiro-to-join-citytvs-breakfast-television-as-new-co-host/

He has been doing sports for 20 years and brings some humour to the biz too! He is getting a lot of well wishes on air tonight, as they just announced this on today's show.

One my fave Sid moments was this...he went head to head in the 40 yard dash against Evanka Osmak...

Last edited by Muffaraw Joe (January 21, 2021 7:12 pm)

The world would be so good if it weren't for some people...

January 21, 2021 7:58 pm  #2

Re: Sid of Tim and Sid fame is leaving for Breakfast Television

Muffaraw Joe wrote:

This just broke, but Sid is heading to mornings as a co-host on BT onb City TV...no replacement has been named on the Tim and Sid show yet...

Here is more on the story...and announcement

https://toronto.citynews.ca/2021/01/21/sid-seixeiro-to-join-citytvs-breakfast-television-as-new-co-host/

He has been doing sports for 20 years and brings some humour to the biz too! He is getting a lot of well wishes on air tonight, as they just announced this on today's show.

One my fave Sid moments was this...he went head to head in the 40 yard dash against Evanka Osmak...

There's a ton of current Rogers personalities who could replace Sid.

Tim & Brian Burke? Tim & Elliot Friedman? Either are possible...

January 21, 2021 10:11 pm  #3

Actually this isn't a bad move.  Some won't like Sid's style but many will enjoy his guys humour and gruffness.  BT has slid over the years and with CP24 actually doing the CITY format better than CITY, who knows??  CP24 has mostly likeable hosts who seem to actually like each other.  Who has the number one TV morning show in the GTA?   Anybody know?   Used to be BT but a few years ago CP24 won the morning ratings crown.   Is CTV's weather weighted gigglefest Your Morning still tanking?  CBC mornings has the most news with not as much fluff as the others.. but maybe people like fluff in the morning?      

January 22, 2021 12:47 am  #4

paterson1 wrote:

Actually this isn't a bad move.  Some won't like Sid's style but many will enjoy his guys humour and gruffness.  BT has slid over the years and with CP24 actually doing the CITY format better than CITY, who knows??  CP24 has mostly likeable hosts who seem to actually like each other.  Who has the number one TV morning show in the GTA?   Anybody know?   Used to be BT but a few years ago CP24 won the morning ratings crown.   Is CTV's weather weighted gigglefest Your Morning still tanking?  CBC mornings has the most news with not as much fluff as the others.. but maybe people like fluff in the morning?      

I think it's about getting a face in there that is very well known across Canada, since BT announced their plan to go Canada wide rather than be a BT Toronto... 

RadioWiz & RadioQuiz are NOT the same person. 
RadioWiz & THE Wiz are NOT the same person.

January 22, 2021 1:02 am  #5

Radiowiz wrote:

paterson1 wrote:

I think it's about getting a face in there that is very well known across Canada, since BT announced their plan to go Canada wide rather than be a BT Toronto... 

But do women know him and when they do know him will they like him?  Men in the demo are watching TSN or Sportsnet at that time for last night's highlights and they aren't switching just for him.
Bob McCowan love him or hate him had the number one afternoon sports show in Canada and they had him "retire" for Tim and Sid and now they blow that up to salvage BT?  That is a questionable series of moves.

Last edited by Prod Guy (January 22, 2021 1:06 am)

January 22, 2021 4:11 am  #6

it's funny how they got their national tv start. from what i noticed, when sportsnet first started, they hired young  broadcast types looking to get into the tv business. one of the "newbies" worked for me p/t and i also remember sid as a board op (where i once worked). meanwhile, tim, back then, sounded garbled and was very rough around the edges (to me). i'm guessing they came cheap (to get their "big break"). it's clear this became an opportunity that paid off for both of them.

Last edited by the original hank (January 22, 2021 4:11 am)

January 22, 2021 10:19 am  #7

Broadcast Dialogue has a story on the change, and you can also watch all 20 minutes of the surprisingly emotional announcement during their show on Thursday. 

Sid Seixeiro leaving Sportsnet to join BT Toronto

January 22, 2021 10:28 am  #8

paterson1 wrote:

You’re forgetting Global’s morning show also...

*crickets*

January 22, 2021 12:30 pm  #9

Can't really comment on Global's morning show since I don't watch it.  Don't really watch CHCH either.  The only other that I look at is CNN but they have so many commercials in the morning, same with  Detroit NBC, ABC and CBS, packed with so many ads in the mornings so I rarely look at them.