sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 14, 2021 11:11 am  #1

ALERT!!! Can these clowns not get anything right?

An Ontario Stay-at-Home Alert just came across CNN, at 10:06 a.m.

At the bottom of the screen, it said, "Effective until 10:30 a.m.". Say what? LOL.

January 14, 2021 11:17 am  #2

Re: ALERT!!! Can these clowns not get anything right?

My phone just went off with an Emergency Alert, telling me to stay at home. This seems to be a bit much, especially since I was already there. Overkill, and not really what the "Emergency Alerts" are for, if you ask me. It's already hard enough to take this overly broad edict without any laid down rules seriously. This doesn't help. 

January 14, 2021 11:24 am  #3

I'm willing to put money on it that it will be at least a weekly event.  I don't agree with it but just saying.

January 14, 2021 11:49 am  #4

Dial Twister wrote:

At the bottom of the screen, it said, "Effective until 10:30 a.m.". Say what? LOL.

It's now after 10:30 a.m., so I'm going grocery shopping. Pray for me.

January 14, 2021 11:55 am  #5

A creative business type might consider opening a place called "My Home Bar & Grill." When stopped by the cops, a customer could honestly say, "Officer, I'm heading to My Home. And I plan to stay there!"

January 14, 2021 1:48 pm  #6

this is a confusing lock down. it's as if we're being told to  "stay at home... unless you go out". who knew skating at an outdoor rink would be classified as essential?  btw, as i type this i'm getting yet another alert on my phone. i think conveying confusion is starting to get expensive (for us taxpayers).

January 14, 2021 1:55 pm  #7

At least they can't arrest you. Because, as I always say (well, since last Tuesday anyway), "It's better to be locked down than locked up."