sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 11, 2021 9:31 pm  #1

So McCartney and AC/DC released new albums?

What radio stations in Toronto are playing songs from these albums?

January 11, 2021 10:14 pm  #2

Re: So McCartney and AC/DC released new albums?

cash wrote:

What radio stations in Toronto are playing songs from these albums?

It's not just the legendary recording artists, see also: the new Kings of Leon, London Grammar, Gary Newman has a new album on the way..we need a pirate radio station, or wait, adventurous music directors...

Last edited by betaylored (January 11, 2021 10:17 pm)

January 11, 2021 10:54 pm  #3

my take on the new AC/DC album is that "adventurous music directors" would stay away in droves.  yes it's a top selling rock album, but it sounds exactly like the last four ac/dc records, with nothing particularly outstanding.

January 12, 2021 10:05 am  #4

94.9 CKGE The ROCK plays "Shot In the Dark" from AC/DC's 2020 release "Power Up"..

January 12, 2021 9:12 pm  #5

splunge wrote:

my take on the new AC/DC album is that "adventurous music directors" would stay away in droves.  yes it's a top selling rock album, but it sounds exactly like the last four ac/dc records, with nothing particularly outstanding.

Possible album title: The Emperor's New Music
I thought it was just me ... this latest effort sounds like a bad AC/DC cover band, at least the two tunes I've heard.

Last edited by betaylored (January 12, 2021 9:14 pm)

January 13, 2021 12:02 am  #6

betaylored wrote:

splunge wrote:

I thought it was just me ... this latest effort sounds like a bad AC/DC cover band, at least the two tunes I've heard.

To be fair.... at least these guys are still making new music, just like Deep Purple, Whitesnake, and their ilk.  I'll give them credit for that.  It's not great stuff, but adequate enough to keep them in mind when the next tour comes to your town.  Let's just not talk about the new offerings from bon jovi, def leppard, tesla, and other so called hard rock bands playing to the soccer mom crowd now.

Here's a review of AC/DC's new album that kinda hit home for me.
https://sleazeroxx.com/reviews/ac-dc-power-up/

January 13, 2021 1:27 am  #7

grilled.cheese wrote:

Paul McCartney was in The Beatles.

Yes... yes he was....

January 13, 2021 3:57 am  #8

splunge wrote:

betaylored wrote:

splunge wrote:

To be fair.... at least these guys are still making new music, just like Deep Purple, Whitesnake, and their ilk.  I'll give them credit for that.  It's not great stuff, but adequate enough to keep them in mind when the next tour comes to your town.  Let's just not talk about the new offerings from bon jovi, def leppard, tesla, and other so called hard rock bands playing to the soccer mom crowd now.

Here's a review of AC/DC's new album that kinda hit home for me.
https://sleazeroxx.com/reviews/ac-dc-power-up/

I love me a good music review, and this one is, they're not easy to write, thanks splunge 😁🎶