sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 10, 2021 1:36 am  #1

Buffalo NY ratings Dec 2020

Is anyone surprised that the new 1440 WEBR only brought in a 0.5 share? lol
Buffalo ratings: https://ratings.radio-online.com/content/arb037

Last edited by Radiowiz (January 10, 2021 1:42 am)

RadioWiz & RadioQuiz are NOT the same person. 
RadioWiz & THE Wiz are NOT the same person.

January 10, 2021 1:21 pm  #2

Re: Buffalo NY ratings Dec 2020

I wouldn't say I'm surprised, they are technically a new radio station.  But it is kind of depressing seeing where the once mighty WWKB is on the list at only 0.2 share.  Sort of like CHUM/CHAM/CKOC over on this side of the Peace Bridge.

January 10, 2021 10:00 pm  #3

Two takeaways:

-No big Christmas bump for Star
-The JACK to ROCK switch at WBUF started working right away. I bet that looks amazing in-demo.

January 11, 2021 11:31 am  #4

RadioAaron wrote:

Two takeaways:

-The JACK to ROCK switch at WBUF started working right away. I bet that looks amazing in-demo.

Last time 92.9 went Rock it was because they had the rights to air Howard Stern.
I wonder what the deal is this time? Bob & Tom?  Some other show?
I doubt they just up and went rock without some big national (rock related) morning show to toss on...

January 11, 2021 2:28 pm  #5

Last time I listened, WEBR still had day parts devoted to talk programming - pretty poorly executed, and very disruptive to a "standards" format.   Also consider that WEBR is only available on AM or streaming.  One of the best executed "standards" stations is MOD-FM, Palm Springs, Calif.    It uses a combination of AM, an FM translator (analogue) and an excellent HD-2 channel.  The FM analogue and HD-2 are easily received up and down "the Coachella Valley".  Here are their recent ratings.  Incidentally the format is pure adults standards, no blocks of talk or phone in programs.  Also it looks as if WEBR has had no impact on WECK.
KDES-FM-HD2.   Nostalgia.  Alpha Media. - Tied for 6th place in Palm Springs Ratings.
Fall 18 Sp19. Fall 19. Sp. 20
2.4.       1.9.    3.2.        3.4

https://ratings.radio-online.com/content/arb592

Last edited by tvguy (January 11, 2021 2:33 pm)

January 13, 2021 6:29 am  #6

Interesting that WNED FM showed up with "STR" stats in the ratings. I would assume that is streaming.
WNED-FM-STRClassicalWestern New York Public Broadcasting AssN/AN/AN/A0.2

Cool Airchecks and More:
http://www.lettheuniverseanswer.com/

January 15, 2021 11:49 am  #7

Radiowiz wrote:

RadioAaron wrote:

Two takeaways:

Last time 92.9 went Rock it was because they had the rights to air Howard Stern.
I wonder what the deal is this time? Bob & Tom?  Some other show?
I doubt they just up and went rock without some big national (rock related) morning show to toss on...

We STILL have no idea what kind of airstaff WBUF is going to have, either. And their 10,000 songs in a row gimmick's almost up. It's been a month and a half since WBUF flipped to rock.

January 15, 2021 12:59 pm  #8

ckg927 wrote:

We STILL have no idea what kind of airstaff WBUF is going to have, either. And their 10,000 songs in a row gimmick's almost up. It's been a month and a half since WBUF flipped to rock.

It's not just that, their website is sloppy. 
"Congrats on having the Jack App downloaded to your smart phone."
can be found in various parts of their new website, including this page: (scroll down a bit)

https://wbuf.com/win-a-25-gift-card-to-johns-pizza-and-subs/