sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 10, 2021 1:47 pm  #1

Corus Changes At Fresh FM In London Will Sound A Lot Like Hamilton

It's a game of musical chairs and movable shifts for Corus' London station, with some help from its Hamilton sister, starting Monday.

Corus shuffles lineup at London’s 103.1 Fresh Radio

January 10, 2021 2:33 pm  #2

Re: Corus Changes At Fresh FM In London Will Sound A Lot Like Hamilton

RadioActive wrote:

It's a game of musical chairs and movable shifts for Corus' London station, with some help from its Hamilton sister, starting Monday.

Corus shuffles lineup at London’s 103.1 Fresh Radio

So the Tucker half of Tucker & Taz will be back on London radio, competing with Taz on FM96 (also a Corus station).

I used to listen to Tucker & Taz on FM96 in the late 2000s/early 2010s when I lived in London.

Last edited by MJ Vancouver (January 10, 2021 2:34 pm)

January 10, 2021 2:42 pm  #3

CFPL 980 has been running Bill Kelly's program from CHML Hamilton weekdays 9-12noon.  They do have some London listeners calling in and he does acknowledge PL's audience on air. Mornings, noon and afternoons weekday local programming and then 6:30 evenings the  "corus radio network" takes over with Alex Pierson, Adler, Shane Hewitt.  PL is good talk station in my opinion, as is CHML. 

January 11, 2021 8:17 pm  #4

OK. It has one "Hamilton" show, ahem - Toronto, it's not an exact copy of Hamilton's lineup. These days, who cares? I went to school for journalism, did a semester of radio a year later, and dropped out. I don't listen to radio for the host. Honestly, if they talk too long, I start changing the channel. Unless it's a talk station, who cares who hosts what when now? They should just stop teaching media programs in post-secondary. There's no work. People are reaching an audience these days without any formal education. Corus has already gutted their Hamilton stations, aside from CHML. Everyone is beaming in from somewhere else. So much for local radio. But once again, I'm listening for the music. Not someone asking rhetorical questions.