sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 9, 2021 6:12 pm  #1

Can anyone identify an old Canadian game show for me?

I didn't want to hijack the Grant Hudson thread so I thought I'd start a new one.

In the first post on the thread, RA posted a video.

This has nothing to do with Grant Hudson but the production music at the start of the video struck me as being very familiar.  It was used, I believe, in a Canadian game show from the early 70s.

Can anyone identify the show?  I can't remember and it's driving me nuts.

Thank you kindly.

January 9, 2021 7:06 pm  #2

Re: Can anyone identify an old Canadian game show for me?

Wikipedia has a list for it (they seem to have a list for everything):

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_English-language_Canadian_game_shows

"Life without echo is really no life at all." - Dan Ingram

January 9, 2021 7:14 pm  #3

Here's another list. BTW, I'm also looking for an old game show. It aired weekday at 3:30 p.m. on CFTO in 1962. I believe the host was CKEY morning man Rick Campbell. My mother was on it and she won a show. I was only nine then, but I remember going to the Channel 9 studios in Agincourt to watch the show.

http://www.faqs.org/faqs/tv/game-shows/canada/

"Life without echo is really no life at all." - Dan Ingram

January 9, 2021 7:20 pm  #4

This may not help but the track is by Henry Mancini, as I thought, and Shazam on Val's phone says it's
March of the Cue Balls.

[Edit] -- It's from Mr. Lucky. Lady on You Tube says it was from the episode "That Stands For Pool."

[Edit] -- The track was originally written for Mr. Lucky, which is not to say it wasn't used later for something else.

Last edited by mike marshall (January 9, 2021 9:09 pm)

January 9, 2021 11:46 pm  #5

Thanks Mike.  I was unaware of the song's origins and it's nice hearing the whole song on YouTube.  I just assumed it was plain old production music.

And it may have actually helped.  Funny thing, throwing "March of the Cue balls" along with "tv theme" into google revealed another discussion board where someone asked the same question.  There was some speculation that it could be a CBC program called "question mark" but I haven't been able to find any examples of the show.